About St. John's University
St. John's University is a Catholic Vincentian school in New York City that offers programs designed to prepare students for professional and personal success. The school was originally founded in 1870 and offers a variety of highly-ranked undergraduate and graduate programs with globally focused curriculums that are aligned with current industry standards. St. John's also offers a selection of online graduate degree and certificate programs that provide adult learners the opportunity to receive a high-quality education in a more flexible format.
Online programs are available in a variety of business, finance, education, and liberal arts. Students can choose from programs such as a M.S. in Accounting, M.S. in Library and Information Science, Ph.D. in Literacy, M.S. in Taxation, or M.B.A. The online courses are taught by the same faculty who teach the on-campus courses and include the same rigorous workload.
The courses are asynchronous so students can log in anytime that works for them as long as they are meeting course deadlines. Online students use Blackboard to access lectures, assignments, and tests; they can also participate in class discussion boards and contact their professors.
'I was motivated to participate in online learning because I switched my major as a sophomore and declared a minor as a junior, so I needed to fulfill several additional credits in order to graduate on time. I dedicated three to five hours to each online class per week. I appreciated that the syllabus for each class provided detailed information on assignments, including their due dates, so that I could plan accordingly. The online learning experience has been a successful one for me.'
'St. John's University's online courses provide a stimulating environment where you're able to take control of how you learn. As a current junior studying computer security, I have taken four unique online courses. These classes have improved my ability to conduct research, communicate with my peers through a virtual environment, and explore the ways I learn best. Every professor has been supportive in providing constructive feedback and timely e-mail responses. They really engage students in collaborative discussions.'
'As a married mother who works full time, I found distance learning an ideal option. I appreciated the convenience of being able to access the course materials, lectures, assignments, and tests in the convenience of my own home.'
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or higher
Why St. John's University?
St. John's offers more than 25 fully online degree and certificate programs that can be accessed 24/7 from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Ranked and Accredited Programs
US News & World Report has ranked St. John's online business and education graduate programs among the top 50 nationwide in their respective categories.
Online students are still eligible to apply for federal aid, and they may qualify for many of the same scholarships as on-campus students.
Online students have access to academic advisors, writing assistance, technical assistance, library databases, and career services.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants to St. John's University online graduate programs must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Additional requirements may vary by program.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
- Master of Business Administration in Interdisciplinary Business
- Master of Business Administration in Risk Management & Insurance
- Master of Business Administration in Taxation
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Taxation
- Ph.D in Literacy: Literacy
- Ph.D. in Literacy
- Ph.D. in Literacy: Educational Leadership
- Ph.D. in Literacy: Special Education
- Ph.D. in Literacy: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Academic Librarianship
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Archival Studies
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Legal Information Professional
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Management
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Public Librarianship
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Special Librarianship
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Youth Services
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!