About San Joaquin Valley College
As a private, accredited junior college, San Joaquin Valley College (SJVC) offers students hands-on career training in small classes taught by instructors with experience in the field they teach. Over 20 associate degree and certificate programs are available in medical, business, and technical fields at SJVC's 15 California campuses.
The most offerings are found in medical/dental studies - there are 12 programs for future vocational and registered nurses, respiratory therapists, surgical technologists, diagnostic medical sonography, medical assistants, pharmacy technicians, and dental hygienists or assistants. Other healthcare-related studies address medical office administration or billing. A few of these programs can be competed in as little as eight or nine months, and some, such as those in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Clinical Medical Assisting, prepare students for certification or registration exams. In SJVC's Business Administration program, students can learn basic accounting, HR, marketing, and business communication concepts, while the Criminal Justice: Corrections program focuses on processes and procedures in corrections.
In as few as 17 months, students who choose a trade program could develop the skills needed to seek employment as electricians, HVAC technicians, industrial mechanics, or aircraft mechanics. All SJVC students, regardless of program, receive access to tutoring services, support from instructors and staff, individual instruction opportunities, and training in real-life scenarios.
'Not only have I gained an education and a great career here at SJVC, I have also gained a sense of purpose and have become a big role model for my family and friends.'
- Melissa, Respiratory Therapy Program (Class of 2015)
'Being at SJVC gave me the confidence to pursue whatever I set my mind to. I feel like I have the skills and education to succeed in a medical environment!'
- Joyzell, Pharmacy Technician Program (Class of 2014)
San Joaquin Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Boulevard, Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
Why San Joaquin Valley College?
From more than 40 years in the career education business to instructors with on-the-job knowledge, SJVC has the experience needed to help students build career-ready skills.
SJVC programs focus on building the skills sought by employers in today's marketplace.
Students could maintain their current work or other schedule with flexible morning, afternoon, and evening classes; classes start year round.
The school's Career Services team, available at every campus, can help students with job search preparation and placement.
Financial Aid Options
Federal Pell grants and loans, private loans, scholarships, institutional loans and even payment plans are available to qualified students; all students receive a financial aid consultation and assistance throughout the process.
Find Your Program:
- Certificate - Business Administration
- Degree - Construction Management
- Degree - Criminal Justice: Corrections
- Certificate - Clinical Medical Assisting
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Office Administration
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Degree - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Degree - Respiratory Therapy
- Degree - Surgical Technology
- Certificate - Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Certificate - Electrical Technology
- Certificate - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Certificate - Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Degree - Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Degree - Electrical Technology
- Degree - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Degree - Industrial Maintenance Technology
Programs may vary by campus.
Campus Based Locations
Find a Campus
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Atascadero
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Bakersfield
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Delano
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Fresno
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Hanford
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Hesperia
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Lancaster
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Madera
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Ontario
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Porterville
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Rancho Cordova
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Modesto
- More info for San Joaquin Valley College - Visalia
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!