About South University
South University offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs though 11 campuses located in nine states as well as fully online programs through South University, Online Programs. The online classes are designed to offer the same educational experience as campus classrooms and include individualized attention, challenging curricula, and qualified instructors.
Both online and campus programs are available at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels through the school's College of Theology, College of Nursing and Public Health, College of Health Professions, College of Arts and Sciences, and College of Business. The School of Pharmacy offers campus programs only. Specific program options range from an Associate of Science in Paralegal Studies to a Doctor of Ministry and Doctor of Nursing Practice, though not all programs are offered at all campuses. Additional program areas include business administration, criminal justice, information technology, psychology, nursing, and public administration. All programs are designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn the practical skills and knowledge that can help them succeed in their chosen career in the real word.
For those students who qualify, South University accepts federal and state financial aid in the forms of grants and loans. Military education benefits and scholarships are also accepted.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Admissions requirements vary by program.
'I can truly say that during my experience at South University I have only encountered positive, encouraging, intelligent, and professional staff who want their students to be successful. The professors that I have been assigned all had virtual office hours, and although most are practicing practitioners/professionals, they were always available by email throughout the day and responded to my messages/request in a timely manner.'
-Adrienne Hampton, 2016 graduate of South University, Online Programs' Master of Science in Nursing with a Specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse program
Why South University
Student Resources: Students have access to academic resources that range from an online library to tutoring and career services.
Community: An online social network provides students with opportunities to participate in student organizations, networking experiences, and receive peer support.
Convenient: With 11 campuses located across nine states, students have many locations to choose from, and the online programs allow students the freedom to attend class online and complete their assignments whenever is most convenient for them.
Program Options: Students can choose from graduate and undergraduate degree and certificate programs in a variety of fields.
Learning Environment: South University provides a learning environment, both campus and online, where students can learn by interacting with a community of faculty and other professionals who are dedicated to helping students identify and achieve goals.
'My first thoughts when I arrived to interview at South were the faculty was amazing, from the secretaries, to the teachers, to the dean, they all were very warm and friendly, and wanted to make sure that not only were you a right fit for South, but that South was a right fit for you.'
- Constance Terrell, 2016 graduate of South University, Savannah - School of Pharmacy's Doctor of Pharmacy program
'South has undoubtedly played a pivotal role in steering my life into a direction I'm proud of. Through the last two years, I have gained tremendous support from my professors and I feel part of a community that challenges me to achieve personal and professional goals.'
- Jennifer Hunter Atkinson, 2016 graduate of South University, Savannah's Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration
'South University allowed me to gain the knowledge and skills needed to advance my career at my own pace. My education has enabled me to take care of my family.'
- Shirrelle Everett, 2015 graduate of South University, Richmond's Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
- Accounting (BS to MS) (MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Business Administration (AMBA)
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (DBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Human Resources Management (MS)
- Leadership (MS)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (C)
- Anesthesia Science (MMSc)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (C)
- Healthcare Administration (AMBA)
- Healthcare Administration (MBA)
- Healthcare Administration (MHA)
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Medical Assisting (AS)
- Nurse Educator (C)
- Nursing (BSN)
- Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Nursing RN to BSN Degree Completion (BSN)
- Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Nursing with a specialization in Nurse Administrator (MSN)
- Nursing with a specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
- Occupational Therapy (OTD)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AAS)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (AAS)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (AS)
- Physician Assistant (MS)
- Public Health (BS)
- Public Health (MPH)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN to MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN to MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nurse Administrator (RN to MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nurse Educator (RN to MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
- Criminal Justice (BS)
- Criminal Justice (MS)
- Legal Studies (BS)
- Paralegal Studies (AS)
- Ministry (DMin)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Psychology (BA)
- Information Systems (MS)
- Information Technology (BS)
Programs may vary by campus.
Online & Campus Based Locations
Find a Campus
- More info for South University - Montgomery
- More info for South University - Savannah
- More info for South University - Novi
- More info for South University - Cleveland
South Carolina Campuses
- More info for South University - Austin
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!