Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Hazardous Materials Information Systems
- Industrial Safety Technologies
- Occupational Safety Technologies
- Quality Control Technologies
Online Quality Assurance Management Courses
The descriptions below highlight some commonly offered distance-learning courses in quality assurance management.
- Total Quality Management and ISO: Basic quality assurance concepts are laid out by the ISO: the International Organization for Standardization. One basic QA standard is Total Quality Management, which helps all employees to improve their productivity and work quality. These principles, as laid out by the American Society for Quality, include: striving for quality even without inspection, encouraging on-the-job training, self-improvement and continuing education, fostering unity among departments, avoiding quotas and annual ratings and minimizing employees' fear.
- Human Factors of Quality Assurance: No commercial or industrial process is perfect, because humans are fallible. Quality assurance professionals study human operators within systems. They learn how workplaces and procedures can be handled to maximize productivity.
- Quality Cost Principles: This course offered by the American Society for Quality shows students how quality assurance can improve a company's finances. Students learn to manage their QA projects for the best monetary result.
- Testing and Measurement Techniques: Students learn how to use common measurement tools, equipment and processes to test newly manufactured products. Teachers present principles of measurement so students can maximize accuracy.
- Sampling and Statistical Quality Control: When testing each unit manufactured is impractical, quality assurance workers can test a certain number out of each lot. A course in sampling and statistics helps students learn how to use math and statistical methods to maximize their certainty in this process.
- Service Professionals and Statistical Quality Control: Quality assurance students learn statistical methods designed for evaluating service workers. This class teaches set-up and maintenance of quality control, including sampling processes
- Quality Assurance and Customer Satisfaction: To conform service delivery with the customers' desires, professionals must know exactly what the customers want and where current service falls short. One quality assurance class teaches students how to determine customers' level of satisfaction and implement quality control procedures to maximize it.
- Technical Communications: This course is designed to teach students the fundamentals of clear and effective technical writing, and how it differs from standard business communication. Students will also learn about technical speaking, and how to convey complicated technical information with positivity and clarity so that they are easily understood.
- Quality Economics: Students taking this course can focus on quality costs and ways that a quality cost system could be set up in a company. The course may also look at specific quality cost segments.
- Quality Engineering: Based on the body of knowledge set by the American Society for Quality, this course explores quality engineering concepts such as improvement tools, process control, material measurement systems and statistics. The curriculum looks at the applications of quality engineering in both the service and manufacturing fields.
Quality assurance (QA) professionals have the important task of ensuring that products or services meet high standards. Most distance learning classes in quality assurance management are part of quality assurance degree programs offered by 4-year universities. These courses often use Blackboard, an academic website program where professors post assignment instructions and even hold class discussions with forum posts. Some colleges may require each student to find a proctor who can supervise the final exam. Officials at a local branch of the American Society for Quality, www.asq.org, may be able to serve as proctors. The American Society for Quality also offers its own online distance learning classes.
While there are multiple types of quality assurance management, some basic principles of quality are always the same. Classes discussing those principles are common to multiple programs in quality assurance management. Other courses focus more specifically on quality assurance skills within certain industries, such as service or manufacturing.
A wide variety of quality assurance management courses are offered online, allowing students to easily pursue a degree in this field. Course topics may include Total Quality Management, quality economics and technical communications, and some courses require students to complete proctored exams in person.