Radiologic Technology Online Courses
Below are descriptions of commonly offered distance learning radiologic technology courses.
- Pathophysiology: Students in this online course learn about the pathology of diseases and injuries that affect all age ranges. Special interest is paid to specific topics, such as symptoms, etiology and physical reactions. Before enrolling in this online course, some programs have students complete prerequisites in anatomy and medical terminology.
- Procedures in Radiography: This online course covers positioning and techniques for conducting radiologic testing. Students also learn to distinguish various organ systems using radiologic tools. An overview of safety procedures is included in this online radiographic technology course. Along with procedures, students in this online course learn about safety tools.
- Applications of Diagnostic Imaging: Focusing on the various ailments and injuries commonly seen in professional practice, this distance learning radiographic technology class involves the study of anatomy in relation to medical issues. Students in this course learn to follow instructions for contributing to medical diagnosis procedures.
- Patient Care Management: Specialized instruction for individuals in the health care industry, this distance learning course teaches techniques and tools for managing patients in clinical and office settings. This course involves the study of various subjects, such as psychology and medical terminology.
- Radiation Biology: This online course in radiation biology examines the effect of radiation on cells, organs and muscles. Special attention in this class is paid to the medical issues created by exposure to radiation in power plants and hospitals.
- Radiologic Imaging: In this course, students learn about radiologic imaging technology. Studies include fundamental imaging equipment, terminology and production techniques. Coursework also explores specializations, including CT scans, MRIs, and mammography.
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology: This online course allows students to learn about the function of various body parts and the medical terminology used to discuss them. Bodily systems, including the muscular, immune and lymphatic systems, are also examined.
- Healthcare Ethics: An online course in healthcare ethics looks at ethical dilemmas that may be encountered by professionals in the field. The course will explore theories of ethics and apply them to practical situations.
Radiologic technology is a field of medicine and health care utilizing radiation for diagnostic purposes. Students looking for distance learning courses in radiologic technology can enroll in an associate's or bachelor's degree program. Due to the hands-on nature of radiologic work, these programs typically combine online coursework with in-person lab or clinical components. Graduates may qualify for certification through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Online students learn through self-paced courses. Instructors can be contacted via email or the online communication method of their choice.
For students interested in radiologic technology, online learning can be a great option, especially for aspiring technologists with busy schedules. Plenty of courses are offered through hybrid associate's and bachelor's degree programs in this field, including introductory courses in anatomy and healthcare ethics as well as classes in radiologic imaging and patient care procedures.