Online Clinical Research Administration Courses
The following descriptions are for commonly offered online clinical research administration courses.
- Critical Analysis Course: This course introduces students to the clinical practices and research approaches used by various regulatory bodies. Students learn about medical requirements that are part of the development of new diagnostics, vaccines and therapeutics.
- Clinical Trial Management Course: Students study the policies, principles and practices that govern running clinical trials. Students learn from a project management and a regulatory perspective.
- Clinical Research Writing Course: Students in this course learn about practices and strategies in creating the documentation related to clinical research.
- Health Systems Trends Course: Students learn from an analysis of current issues in the U.S. health care system. Social and public policy and its effects are studied.
- Health Economics and Financial Management Course: Students study the economics of clinical research and health care. Cost-benefit analysis techniques are reviewed. Students learn to use economics information to make informed decisions.
- Introduction to Drug Development Course: In this course, students are introduced to the pharmaceutical industry and learn the basics of drug development. Students will also learn about Food and Drug Administration regulations.
- Information Data Management Course: This course will explore information technology's role in clinical research data analysis. Topics include ethics, information archiving and the security of information systems.
- Design and Conduct of the Clinical Protocol Course: In this course, students will learn about research design and how it's related to clinical research. Students will also examine data collection, randomization procedures, case studies, outsourcing, scholarly literature and health disparities.
Courses are available via individual classes, certificates, bachelor's and master's degrees, and may be found in programs such as public health, clinical research, and clinical trials administration.
Students in distance learning programs learn from a wide variety of materials, including textbooks, recorded lectures, videos, slideshows, interactive Web modules and online discussion forums. Online courses are generally asynchronous, which means that students log on and study materials and complete work when it's convenient for them. Professors assign, guide and evaluate students' work. While the deadlines in an online learning program are more flexible, students do still have milestones they must reach towards the completion of their courses and their degrees.
Online courses in clinical research administration can be found as standalone courses or as part of certificate or degree degree programs. Students will study topics like drug development, clinical research writing and critical analysis.