Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
Online Operations Management Courses
Below are some common courses found in operations management.
- Introduction to Operations Management Course: This course provides a basic introduction and foundation in the field of study. Topics in this course include designing and managing effective organizational systems.
- Global Strategic Management of Technological Innovation Course: Students enrolled in this online course receive instruction in strategic planning, finance, marketing, manufacturing and engineering. Techniques for operations management within the scope of international business practices are explored.
- Operations in Manufacturing and Service Businesses Course: This course is designed for students seeking knowledge of the principles, tools and concepts of professional operations managers. Students review topics such as: lean systems, supply chain strategy, green operations management, inventory management, scheduling, and forecasting.
- Theory of Operations Management Course: This operations management theory online class focuses on logistics and distribution systems, service operations, supply chain, pricing, revenue management and flexible manufacturing systems. Students also learn to coordinate order systems, call centers and facility design.
- Sustainable Operations Course: This course will teach students how to make decisions that will enhance the sustainability of their organization in the long term. Topics that are covered in the course include brand management, safety, social responsibility, competition, and supply chains.
- Supply Chain Management Course: In this course, students will examine methods and strategies in supply chains for international companies and organizations. Topics include tradeoffs, risk pooling, inventories and collaborations.
- Trends in Operation Management Course: This course will cover modern areas of operation management like change and assessment techniques. Other topics include automation, project management and trends in emerging technologies.
Students desiring careers in operations management need knowledge of finance, human resources and management. Public or private four-year institutions may offer online courses in this field on an individual basis, while course options exist through undergraduate and graduate certificates, in addition to bachelor's and master's degrees. Students complete assignments, view lectures and interact with peers or instructors through online content management systems administered by schools. Some schools could require proctored exams, which usually may be taken at an approved location in the student's area. Individuals desiring to take an individual course may not have to meet strict admission standards; non-credit continuing education courses typically have few if any prerequisites as well.
Online studies in operations management are offered via individual classes, undergraduate and graduate certificates, as well as bachelor's and master's degrees. Students will study coursework topics like supply chain management, trends in operation management and sustainable operations.