Industrial Management Courses Available Online
Below is a list of industrial management courses commonly offered online.
- Business Management Course: Every business needs some form of organization to define the scope of each worker's authority and duties. In addition, all businesses need to establish processes and procedures to define how authority is exercised and how duties are carried out. These courses usually cover management concepts and how they apply to industry.
- Principles of Management Course: There are general concepts in business management that apply across all businesses and thus are useful to know in industrial management. These include decision-making, production and productivity improvement, principles of leadership and employee evaluation.
- Styles of Industrial Supervision Course: To keep production processes on track, supervisors need to motivate workers, maintain morale, facilitate communication and support transitions to new technology. Students learn the different styles of leadership and which are appropriate for a given situation in this course.
- Industrial Organization & Regulation Course: Industrial organization and regulation courses examine theories of equilibrium in a free market setting and under government policy intervention. They also explore how companies have adjusted to different market structures and regulatory regimes.
- Relevant Technology Course: Familiarity with industrial technology and how it is used is essential in industrial management. These courses help students understand it.
- Materials and Processes of Industry Course: Manufacturing is fundamentally about resource conversion. Students learn about the different types of raw materials used in manufacturing, the processes that turn materials into usable products and ongoing efforts to improve resource efficiency.
- Industrial Engineering Technology Course: Industry uses a wide range of technology. This course introduces students to the most common forms, basic statistical and graphic analysis of their production profiles, the metric system and mechanical engineering.
- Fundamentals of ISO 9000 Course: Every manufacturer references the standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This course presents the basics of ISO 9000 standards, a historical review of how standards have evolved, recent improvements to the standards and approaches to implementation.
- Maintenance Technology and Management Course: In order to keep up with the maintenance of industrial operations, students are expected to learn the technologies used as well as how to manage the maintenance of a building. Students typically also learn the management aspects of equipment installation and construction.
- Human Resources Management Course: An online course in human resources management will teach students how they can most effectively and efficiently handle their employees. The course also touches on the development of competitive advantage and human resources architecture.
- Strategic Sourcing Course: This online course will give students an opportunity to learn about purchasing systems in industrial management. Subjects will include supplier relations, cost and value analyses, and how to develop strategic partnerships with other companies.
Industrial management professionals are charged with planning, implementing and supervising a company's production strategy. Online courses are designed to address business and technology topics that can aid these managers in carrying out their duties. Distance learning courses are commonly available through online programs in industrial management at the bachelor's and master's degree levels.
Online courses in industrial management may be conducted through the mail, via the Internet or a combination of both. Most rely on the Internet. Schools that offer an Internet-based distance-learning program may distribute course assignments and conduct class discussions through a standard learning management system.
If you are interested in industrial management, online learning programs may be right for you. A variety of courses are available in these programs, ranging from human resources management and business management to industrial engineering and maintenance technology.