Students seeking an education in or around Dover, NJ, can choose among a variety of colleges and universities within the area. You can see how these schools compare with one another based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Dover, NJ
Though the closest non-specialty school to downtown Dover is more than 7 miles distant, there are several within a 15-mile radius. Four out of the five schools closest to Dover are 4-year private-not-for profit institutions offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- County College of Morris (7.3 miles from downtown)
- College of Saint Elizabeth (10.4 miles from downtown)
- Drew University (14 miles from downtown)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University-College at Florham (14 miles from downtown)
- Caldwell University (14.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Dover, NJ
All five of the largest schools near Dover are public institutions. Only one of these schools is a 2-year community college, while the remaining four are 4-year schools offering undergraduate and graduate degrees. The population of the largest schools in this area range from over 11,000 to over 20,000 students.
- Montclair State University (20,465 students)
- Bergen Community College (14,585 students)
- Kean University (14,112 students)
- Rutgers University - Newark (11,720 students)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (11,325 students)
Lowest Net Price
The five schools near Dover with the lowest net price for the school year 2014-2015 are all community colleges. Their net prices range from just over $4,000 to just under $9,000 per year. NCES calculates the net price of schools by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergraduates from the average total cost of attending school.
- Union County College ($4,102)
- Bergen Community College ($6,187)
- County College of Morris ($6,858)
- Passaic County Community College ($8,584)
- Essex County College ($8,704)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates are determined by assessing the percentage of full-time undergraduates who are able to complete their program of study inside 150% of the estimated normal time for completion. The highest graduation rates for schools near Dover range from 81% to 66% (2014-2015 school year). In descending order, they are:
- Fortis Institute - Wayne (81%)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (74%)
- Rutgers University - Newark (68%)
- Drew University (67%)
- Montclair State University (66%)
Current data on student populations, net price, graduate rates, and location can help you to decide which public or private school near Dover, NJ, will be the right one for you.