From applied technology colleges and beauty institutes to for-profit universities and 4-year colleges, the Draper area holds a plethora of postsecondary options for prospective students. In this article, we compare and contrast these schools in four categories using data collected from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Draper, Utah
If proximity to Draper is important to students, most of the closest schools are small, private specialty schools. However, within about 10 miles of downtown, students can find schools offering undergraduate and graduate level degree programs.
- Argosy University-Salt Lake City (located downtown)
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (8 miles from downtown)
- Broadview University-West Jordan (9.3 miles from downtown)
- Independence University (10.5 miles from downtown)
- Western Governors University (10.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Draper, Utah
Students have the option of choosing from several different 4-year schools if they are wishing to attend a large university. Overall, schools in the Draper area range in size from less than 100 students, to over 57,000 students.
- Western Governors University (57,821 students)
- University of Utah (31,515 students)
- Utah Valley University (31,332 students)
- Brigham Young University-Provo (30,484 students)
- Salt Lake Community College (30,248 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines average net prices for U.S. colleges and universities through a calculation that subtracts average financial aid awarded from the total cost of attendance for the full-time undergraduate. Among the traditional public or private schools in the Draper area, the following schools have some of the lower average net prices, based on the NCES' 2014-2015 figures.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College ($2,221)
- Tooele Applied Technology College ($3,480)
- Utah Valley University ($6,565)
- Salt Lake Community College ($7,619)
- Latter-day Saints Business College ($8,583)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates are calculated by the NCES and indicate the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the 'normal time', such as six years for bachelor's and three years for associate's degrees. In a comparison of the mainstream public or private schools near Draper, the following schools have some of the higher graduation rates, per the NCES for 2014.
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (81% graduation rate)
- Brigham Young University-Provo (80% graduation rate)
- Provo College (71% graduation rate)
- University of Utah (64% graduation rate)
- Independence University (63% graduation rate)
When comparing location, size, price, and graduation rates, the Draper, UT and surrounding area offers a variety of public and private schools to fit individual students' preferences.