The traditional schools in and around Duluth vary in several different categories that we explore using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Students can then use this information to help them narrow down schools that may be a good fit for their educational needs.
Closest Schools to Duluth, Georgia
The closest schools to Duluth tend to be 2-year (or less) institutions. These schools are almost entirely private institutions.
- ITT Technical Institute-Duluth (3.2 miles from downtown)
- Georgia Christian University (7.5 miles from downtown)
- Gwinnett College-Lilburn (8.4 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Roswell Campus (8.9 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Georgia (9.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Duluth, Georgia
The Duluth area offers a wide range of student population sizes, from fewer than 100 students to more than 10,000 students. A lot of the larger 4-year schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Kennesaw State University (33,252 students)
- Georgia State University (32,058 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (25,034 students)
- Georgia Perimeter College (21,088 students)
- Emory University (13,788 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Several of the schools near Duluth with some of the lowest net prices cost less than $10,000 to attend during the 2014-2015 school year. The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the amount of financial aid that full-time undergrad students receive on average from the total cost to attend the school.
- Chattahoochee Technical College ($2,894)
- Atlanta Technical College ($2,948)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College ($4,192)
- Lanier Technical College ($5,744)
- Georgia Perimeter College ($6,285)
Highest Graduation Rates
There are several traditional schools near Duluth with graduation rates higher than 40% for 2015. The NCES calculates a school's overall graduation rate by identifying the number of beginning, full-time undergraduate students who complete their chosen programs within 150% of the normal time allotted.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (76% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (68% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
Duluth, GA, and the surrounding area offers students a multitude of 2-year and 4-year institutions that range in location, size, price, and graduation rates.