Students have several types of schools to choose from in the area immediately around East Hartford, including public community colleges and several non-profit private schools. We have taken information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to examine some of the more traditional schools in four different areas.
Closest Schools to East Hartford, Connecticut
The East Hartford area has a few schools located within a radius of a few miles, including community colleges, 4-year colleges and a graduate school. According to the NCES, the following schools, offering undergraduates a variety of programs, have the closest campuses to downtown East Hartford:
- Goodwin College (2 miles)
- Capital Community College (2.8 miles)
- Trinity College (4.2 miles)
- Manchester Community College (5 miles)
- University of Hartford (6.7 miles)
Largest Schools Near East Hartford, Connecticut
Students who value the size of a particular school in making their final decision have a variety of options to choose from in the East Hartford area, with student bodies ranging from a few thousand to over 27,000. The largest schools near East Hartford are predominantly 4-year public and private institutions, but one is a 2-year school.
- University of Connecticut (27,412 students)
- Central Connecticut State University (11,822 students)
- University of Hartford (6,770 students)
- Manchester Community College (6,003 students)
- Eastern Connecticut State University (5,208 students)
Lowest Net Price
A school's NCES net price can be understood as the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergrads subtracted from the average cost of attendance. Schools near East Hartford with the lowest net prices for the 2018-2019 academic year are:
- Manchester Community College ($7,312)
- Middlesex Community College ($4,872)
- Asnuntuck Community College ($7,982)
- Tunxis Community College ($7,732)
- Capital Community College ($7,754)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates a school's graduation rate by looking at the percentage of that school's full-time undergrads who complete their degree programs no later than 150% of the standard length of time for that degree. Most of the schools near East Hartford with the highest graduations rates in 2018 offer both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Wesleyan University (92% graduation rate)
- Trinity College (83% graduation rate)
- University of Connecticut (84% graduation rate)
- Central Connecticut State University (57% graduation rate)
- Eastern Connecticut State University (57% graduation rate)
Looking at factors such as school location, student population, net price and graduation rates can be extremely helpful when trying to narrow down the list of schools to apply to in an area such as East Hartford, Connecticut.