Of the five schools in the Eau Claire area, only three are traditional schools, meaning they offer a wide range of programs and degrees. These traditional institutions include two public four-year universities and a two-year public college. Based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics, we compare these three schools in categories including distance from downtown, school population size, net price, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Eau Claire, Wisconsin
For students in the Eau Claire, WI area who don't want to move far from home, here are the three universities and colleges within a 25-mile radius of town.
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (downtown)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (1.4 miles from downtown)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (22.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Eau Claire, Wisconsin
In general, the larger the school, the more opportunities you will have to meet new people and engage in activities that will boost your resume of academic vitae. Here are how our three schools compare by student population as of 2015, according to the NCES.
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (10,592 enrolled students)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (9,554 enrolled students)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (6,017 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net prices in the area for traditional schools ranged from just under $9,000 to nearly $14,000, according to the NCES in 2014-2015. The net price is a result of taking the cost of attendance as a full-time undergraduate student and then subtracting any government or institutional aid. Here we compare the three schools by their net price.
- Chippewa Valley Technical College ($8,888)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire ($13,281)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout ($13,747)
Highest Graduation Rates
The overall graduation rate reflects the number of undergraduate students who finished their program within 150% of normal graduation time; for example, an associate degree in three years or bachelor's degree in six years. The graduation rates in the area ranged from 36%-65% for traditional schools.
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (65% graduation rate)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (57% graduation rate)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (36% graduation rate)
The three schools near Eau Claire, WI present various options that may be a good fit for you, based on the schools' location, size, net price and graduation rate.