The college options in and around Eden Prairie, MN, include traditional schools of the 2-year and 4-year variety. We compare the statistics for these traditional schools provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students make an informed decision.
Closest Schools to Eden Prairie, Minnesota
The closest schools to Eden Prairie are primarily 4-year institutions. As such, several of these schools offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs for interested students.
- University of Phoenix-Minnesota (3.1 miles from downtown)
- DeVry University-Minnesota (4.7 miles from downtown)
- Normandale Community College (7.7 miles from downtown)
- North Central University (7.9 miles from downtown)
- Augsburg College (8.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Eden Prairie, Minnesota
There are plenty of schools to choose from for students wanting to attend a larger institution in the Eden Prairie area, as 25 schools have more than 1,000 students. The larger schools tend to be public institutions, but there are some big private schools available.
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (50,678 students)
- University of St Thomas (10,148 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,855 students)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (9,294 students)
- Century College (8,996 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net price for schools by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students receive from the in-state cost to attend. The net price for public and private, traditional schools in the area ranged from roughly $8,000 to over $29,000 in 2014-2015, according to the NCES.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Normandale Community College ($12,328)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates graduation rates by determining the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time. For 2015, there were several schools in the area with rates greater than 50%.
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Bethel University (74% graduation rate)
- Hamline University( 63% graduation rate)
The Eden Prairie, MN, area has no shortage of public and private schools for students to choose from that range in location, size, price, and graduation rates.