Would-be students residing in the Edina, MN, area have quite a few options when it comes to college-level training. This article specifically compares traditional schools near Edina using data presented by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Edina, Minnesota
Most of the schools that are close to Edina are 4-year institutions, but there are some less than 2-year and 2-year schools available. Several of the 4-year institutions offer graduate programs as well as undergraduate programs.
- DeVry University-Minnesota (2.8 miles from downtown)
- Minnesota School of Business-Richfield (3.1 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Minnesota (3.9 miles from downtown)
- North Central University (4.4 miles from downtown)
- Dunwoody College of Technology (4.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Edina, Minnesota
The largest schools in the Edina area are primarily public institutions, with a few private schools mixed in. For students concerned with the size of schools, the area offers a wide range of sizes from schools with fewer than 100 students to more than 50,000 students.
- Walden University (52,188 students)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (51,147 students)
- Capella University (35,061 students)
- University of St Thomas (10,140 students)
- Normandale Community College (9,539 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Average net prices are determined by NCES through a calculation that subtracts the average financial aid awards from the total cost of attending U.S. colleges and universities for full-time undergrads. Of the schools around Edina, the schools with the lowest net prices in 2014-2015, according to NCES, were mostly 2-year public schools.
- Century College ($8,184)
- North Hennepin Community College ($10,036)
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College ($10,974)
- Inver Hills Community College ($11,437)
- Dakota County Technical College ($11,678)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES calculates overall graduation rates by finding the portion of full-time undergraduate students who finish their programs within 150% of the normal completion time, such as three years for associate's degrees and six years for bachelor's degrees. The schools in the Edina area, ranged from less than 10% to 90% for 2015.
- Macalester College (90% graduation rate)
- Minneapolis Business College (86% graduation rate)
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (77% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (76% graduation rate)
- Academy College (75% graduation rate)
There are multiple private and public institutions in the Edina, MN, area for students to choose from based on their preferences for location, size, price, and graduation rates.