Discover which of the traditional (non-specialty) schools in the Edinburg area is what you are looking for based on a variety of factors, including distance, size, price, and rate of graduation.
Closest Schools to Edinburg, Texas
There is one school located within the city limits of Edinburg while another school is located nearby. One school is a public university while the other is a private school.
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (located in Edinburg)
- South Texas College (8.7 miles)
Largest Schools near Edinburg, Texas
Larger schools offer more extracurricular activities on campus, so this could be an important factor for you in choosing a school. Both schools near Edinburg have large student populations above 28,000.
- South Texas College (34,371 total students; all undergraduate)
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (28,584 total students; 24,547 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
If price is your main consideration, then looking at the net price of a school can be a useful tool. This price is derived from the average amount paid by full-time undergraduates after deducting financial aid received from the total cost of schooling. Here are the net prices in 2014-2015:
- South Texas College ($1,306)
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley ($4,335)
Highest Graduation Rate
Perhaps you are interested in graduation rates, which are based on the number of full-time undergraduate students who complete their studies within 150% of the normal completion time from the time they began in their cohort years. Here are the results for highest graduation rates, with cohort years listed:
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Fall 2009 (39%)
- South Texas College, Fall 2009 (18%)
Hopefully this has helped you narrow down your search by showing you some information on the 2 non-specialty schools located in the area near Edinburg, Texas.