Students seeking a postsecondary education in Edmond, OK, might have limited school options, but they'll find several public universities, nonprofit schools and technical centers in and around nearby Oklahoma City. By comparing schools in such areas as enrollment and tuition, students can get a clearer idea about which institutions might best help them reach their academic goals. We compare these traditional schools using the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Edmond, Oklahoma
The closest schools to Edmond are either 4-year or less-than-2-year schools. Most of these schools are private institutions, but a couple of them are public.
- University of Central Oklahoma (7.7 miles from downtown)
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center (7.7 miles from downtown)
- Oklahoma Christian University (8 miles from downtown)
- DeVry University-Oklahoma (11.3 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Oklahoma (11.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Edmond, Oklahoma
The largest schools near Edmond are primarily public institutions. A few of these larger, 4-year public schools offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- University of Central Oklahoma (16,840 students)
- Oklahoma City Community College (13,444 students)
- Rose State College (6,891 students)
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (6,712 students)
- Oklahoma City University (3,035 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a schools net price by examining the cost for a full-time, beginning undergraduate student to attend the school and subtracting the average amount of financial aid received. The traditional schools in the Edmond area had net costs ranging from about $2,600 to almost $27,500 for 2014-2015, with the technology centers being the least expensive.
- Canadian Valley Technology Center ($2,613)
- Mid-Del Technology Center ($3,443)
- Redlands Community College ($5,121)
- Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center ($5,475)
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center ($5,514)
Highest Graduation Rates
When choosing a school, students may wish to consider the overall graduation rate of a school. The NCES calculates a schools' graduation rate by determining how many full-time, beginning undergraduate students compete their programs within 150% of the normal amount of time allotted to that program. An example of this length of time is six years for a bachelor's degree program. There were several schools near Edmond with graduation rates exceeding 50% as of 2015.
- Canadian Valley Technology Center (70% graduation rate)
- Mid-Del Technology Center (67% graduation rate)
- Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center (60% graduation rate)
- Oklahoma City University (58% graduation rate)
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center (51% graduation rate)
The Edmond, OK, area offers a range of locations, student population sizes, price, and graduation rates amongst public and private institutions for interested students.