Education supervision programs focus on the administration aspects of education rather than an education specialization, such as math. These programs may also cover counseling theories, epistemology, research methods, compulsory issues and human development.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Adult Education Administration
- Community College Education
- Educational and Curriculum Supervision
- Educational Leadership
- Higher Education Administration
- K thru 8 Administration and Principalship
- Secondary School Administration
- Special Education Administration
- Superintendency Education
- Urban Education Leadership
Schools with Education Supervision Programs
The below schools offer graduate level programs in education supervision and administration:
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition & Fees (2015-2016)*|
|Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore, MD||4-year, Private||Certificate, Master's||Graduate: $50,510|
|Harvard University||Cambridge, MA||4-year, Private||Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $42,874|
|Stanford University||Stanford, CA||4-year, Private||Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $46,320|
|Vanderbilt University (Peabody)||Nashville, TN||4-year, Private||Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $44,050|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison||Madison, WI||4-year, Public||Certificate, Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $11,870 (in-state), $25,196 (out-of-state)|
|University of Washington||Seattle, WA||4-year, Public||Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $16,278 (in-state), $28,326 (out-of-state)|
|Northwestern University||Evanston, IL||4-year, Private||Master's||Graduate: $49,064|
|Teacher's College at Columbia University||New York, NY||4-year, Private||Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $35,752|
|University of Texas--Austin||Austin, TX||4-year, Public||Master's, Doctorate||Graduate: $10,934 (in-state), $20,762 (out-of-state)|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
School Selection Criteria
Prospective students should consider the following when selecting an education supervision program:
- Students need to ensure their prospective program offers the standard education administrative curriculum.
- Students should verify a school's accreditation; this is necessary for school districts and other employers to know an applicant meets national standards and is ready for the transition into the professional field.
- Potential education supervision schools must offer both field and classroom experience to prospective students.
- Students should research a school's faculty and reputation.
Education supervision programs prepare students for administrative and leadership roles within educational organizations. As such, these degree programs are usually found at the master's and doctorate levels.