The schools located in Edwardsville, IL, and its surrounding areas offer a unique variety of learning experiences. Students can choose among 2-year schools that offer associate's degrees and certificates, as well as 4-year private and public institutions. Information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning school distances, student populations, net costs, and graduation rates can help prospective students find the right school for them.
Closest Schools to Edwardsville, Illinois
Out of the five schools situated within about 19 miles of the city, one is a community college. You can earn a certificate or an undergraduate degree in all the institutions located closest to Edwardsville, Illinois.
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (0.2 miles)
- McKendree University (16.0 miles)
- Lewis and Clark Community College (17.8 miles)
- Lindenwood University-Belleville (18.8 miles)
- Southwestern Illinois College (19.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Edwardsville, Illinois
The schools with the largest student populations near Edwardsville, Illinois, are composed of 2-year and 4-year public and private not-for-profit institutions. In Fall 2014, the total student enrollment numbers in the Edwardsville area ranged from as low as 460 to more than 14,000 students.
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (14,265 students; 11,781 undergraduates)
- Southwestern Illinois College (9,943 students; all undergraduates)
- Lewis and Clark Community College (7,914 students; all undergraduates)
- McKendree University (3,001; 2,342 undergraduates)
- Principia College (460 students; all undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates the average net price for attending a given college or university by analyzing the total expenses full-time undergraduate students had to pay at their school and then subtracting the total amount of financial aid the students received to provide a net total. The following schools had the lowest net prices in Edwardsville, Illinois, during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Lewis and Clark Community College ($3,976)
- Southwestern Illinois College ($7,034)
- Principia College ($14,312)
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville ($15,859)
- McKendree University ($19,210)
Highest Graduation Rate
The graduation rate may be used as a measurement of student satisfaction within a given institution of higher learning. It is computed according to the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished a degree program at their school within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. three years for a 2-year school, six years for a 4-year institution). In 2015, non-specialty schools in the Edwardsville area had graduation rates that ranged from 27% to 80%.
- Principia College (80%)
- McKendree University (56%)
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (49%)
- Lewis and Clark Community College (38%)
- Southwestern Illinois College (27%)
Based on the different statistics provided by the NCES concerning proximity, student enrollment, net price, and graduation rate, you can make a more informed decision about your school options in Edwardsville, Illinois.