El Paso has a diverse array of schools that offer a variety of educational settings. Students can choose among colleges and universities that offer degrees ranging from the associate's to the doctoral level, as well as certificates. Prospective students can compare data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), covering topics such as; proximity to El Paso, school size, cost, and graduation rate.
Closest Schools to El Paso, Texas
There are 10 colleges that are within a 7-mile radius of El Paso, TX. The 5 schools below are a mix of public and private schools, where both associate and bachelor's degrees are available.
- El Paso Community College (3.7 miles away)
- Southwest University at El Paso (3.7 miles away)
- Vista College (3.7 miles away)
- The University of Texas at El Paso (4.4 miles away)
- Brightwood College (7.0 miles away)
Largest Schools Near El Paso
There are 2 large schools near El Paso, TX. These colleges, El Paso Community College and The University of Texas at El Paso, have student populations of roughly 28,000 and 23,000 respectively. The remaining 15 colleges have 3,000 or less total students. Below are the top 5 largest schools near El Paso, TX.
- El Paso Community College (28,308 total students)
- The University of Texas at El Paso (23,079 total students)
- Vista College (2,951 total students)
- Southwest University at El Paso (1,337 total students)
- Western Technical College (990 total students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a college's average net price by subtracting the amount of all financial aid received by full-time students from the total cost of attendance. The figures are based on costs for in-state or in-district residents. Below are the 5 schools near El Paso with the lowest net price:
- El Paso Community College ($3,476)
- The University of Texas at El Paso ($5,433)
- Western Technical College ($13,873)
- Vista College ($16,625)
- Southwest University at El Paso ($16,735)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who complete a program within 150% of 'normal time'. For instance, four years are generally allotted for a bachelor's degree program, so the graduation rate would be based on the percentage of students who completed the program in six years. The five schools below all had graduation rates above 40%.
- Southwest University at El Paso (84% graduation rate)
- Brightwood College (79% graduation rate)
- Vista College (71% graduation rate)
- Western Technical College (67% graduation rate)
- The University of Texas at El Paso (40% graduation rate)
Using this data advantageously, prospective students near El Paso, TX, are ready to select a college and pursue a degree.