According to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), there are many options for students wanting to attend school within 50 miles of Elizabethtown, KY. Compare the top five schools in each category.
Closest Schools to Elizabethtown, Kentucky
There is one school located in downtown Elizabethtown, as well as four schools within less than 35 miles of downtown for students interested in attending schools near Elizabethtown, Kentucky. With a mix of public and private schools, students can choose from multiple degree levels and programs.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (located downtown)
- Brown Mackie College-Louisville (located 31.7 miles from downtown)
- Daymar College-Louisville (located 31.7 miles from downtown)
- Saint Catharine College (located 32.8 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Louisville (located 33.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Elizabethtown, Kentucky
The University of Louisville has the largest student population of the schools near Elizabethtown, with 21,561 students, including 15,961 undergraduates, as of the 2014-2015 school year. The next two largest schools are community colleges, followed by private schools.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College (13,550 students)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (7,314 students)
- Sullivan University (4,394 students)
- Bellarmine University (3,609 students)
- Campbellsville University (3,427 students)
Lowest Net Price
Elizabethtown students would pay in-state tuition rates for Kentucky schools. After one private school, community colleges have the lowest net price, calculated from the 2014-2015 full-time undergraduates according to the NCES.
- Simmons College of Kentucky ($698)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College ($7,394)
- Jefferson Community and Technical College ($7,984)
- University of Louisville ($15,981)
- Campbellsville University ($16,576)
Highest Graduation Rate
Prospective students may want to consider a school's track record in timely graduation of students. The number of full-time, beginning undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time - for example, six years for a bachelor's degree - is reported through the NCES as the overall graduation rate. Of the schools near Elizabethtown, a 4-year private not-for-profit school and a 4-year public university had the highest graduation rates.
- Bellarmine University (67% graduation rate)
- University of Louisville (53% graduation rate)
- Sullivan College of Technology and Design (53% graduation rate)
- Daymar College-Louisville (49% graduation rate)
- Spalding University (43% graduation rate)
Students can choose from a wide variety of 2-year and 4-year public or private schools to attend in the Elizabethtown, KY, area.