Post-secondary schooling options are limited near Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD, with only 3 three institutions offering non-specialized programs. Preview locations, net prices, graduation rates, and student populations for these nearby institutions, courtesy of the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Ellsworth AFB, SD
Closeness to a specific city or town is often beneficial for students on campus, especially commuters. In regards to Ellsworth AFB, two traditional college options are located fairly close to Ellsworth, according to the NCES, while the third option is just over 45 miles away from Ellsworth.
- National American University - Ellsworth AFB Extension (0 miles from Ellsworth AFB)
- National American University - Rapid City (8.5 miles from Ellsworth AFB)
- Black Hills State University (45.4 miles from Ellsworth AFB)
Largest Schools Near Ellsworth AFB, SD
It can often be appealing to attend school with a large number of other students. Unfortunately, all the schools in proximity to Ellsworth AFB are fairly small in size. Based on the NCES data from 2015, these are the largest schools in the area.
- Black Hills State University (4,395)
- National American University - Rapid City (1,298)
- National American University - Ellsworth AFB Extension (235)
Lowest Net Price
Price is always an important consideration for those wishing to attend college, and one way to look at it is with the net price. The net price is a calculation that involves subtracting the total expected financial aid from the total costs of attending school. The net price of schools in the Ellsworth AFB area ranges roughly from $11,000-$18,000, according to the NCES. These are the schools in the area with the lowest net prices for full-time undergraduates during the 2014-2015 school year.
- National American University - Ellsworth AFB Extension ($11,483)
- Black Hills State University ($14,091)
- National American University - Rapid City ($17,546)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate can often indicate how dedicated a school is to ensuring its students succeed in their studies. The graduation rates listed are based on the number of students who complete their studies within 150% of normal program length. For example, the normal time to complete a bachelor's degree program is four years, so students who graduate in six years (150% of four years) or less are counted in that school's graduation rate. According to the NCES data, these are the highest graduation rates for schools in the Ellsworth AFB area for undergraduates who began their studies by 2009.
- Black Hills State University (36%)
- National American University - Ellsworth AFB Extension (25%)
- National American University - Rapid City (19%)
Only three schools offer a variety of programs, or non-specialized programs, in the Ellsworth AFB, SD, area; two private for-profit schools and one public not-for-profit school. To make an informed decision on which school works for you, consider these important criteria: location, size, cost, and graduation rate.