Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Athletic Trainer
- Cardiovascular Technologies
- Electrocardiograph Tech. - ECG, EKG
- Electroencephalographic Tech. - EEG, END
- EMT and Paramedic
- Genetic Therapy
- Industrial Radiologic Technology
- Medical Radiologic Therapist
- Nuclear Medical Technologist
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Protection Technology
- Radiological Science and Technologies
- Respiratory Care Therapy
- Surgical Technologies
- Ultrasound and Sonography Technologies
Online EMT Courses
The following are some commonly offered online EMT courses:
- Ambulance Operations: This course can include methods and techniques in how to outfit and service ambulances, tips and coursework on how to safely drive an emergency vehicle and in some cases, instruction on air ambulances.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): This course is aimed toward EMTs seeking either CPR certification or recertification. Curriculum normally comes to students via streaming audio and video and can include subjects such as foreign body airway obstruction, CPR for the adult, child and infant and automatic external defibrillation.
- Hazardous Material (Hazmat): EMTs enrolled in this course are apt to focus on response protocols and procedures regarding emergency hazardous material situations.
- Medical & Legal Issues: This course talks about the potential legal consequences EMTs could face in the unfortunate event that they misdiagnoses an illness or injury or in some other way provide improper care to another individual.
- Head Injuries: Students in this course learn to identify different forms of head trauma and how to manage them. Students also took a look at the basic functions of the brain.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support: This online course teaches students how to manage critically ill infants and children. Also discussed in this course is cardiopulmonary arrest in children, team dynamics during resuscitation, and pediatric assessment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support: Learners in this online course will be taught how to treat a victim of cardiac arrest. Topics explored will include the integration of basic and cardiovascular life support, recognizing life-threatening situations, and completing simulated medical emergency scenarios.
Online emergency medical technician (EMT) courses may be part of programs that ultimately lead to the EMT-Basic (EMT-B), EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) and EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P) credentials, but they can also be taken on an individual basis. Online EMT courses tend to utilize state-of-the-art Internet communication technology components, such as streaming audio and video, PowerPoint presentations and live interactive chat rooms, to deliver lectures, assignments, exams and other relevant course information. Due to the intensive, hands-on nature of the EMT field, most online courses also have in-person requirements.
You can find numerous EMT courses available online in relevant topics. Course options include cardiac life support, hazardous material, head injuries and ambulance operations, and can provide you with the same knowledge as traditional offerings.