Are you considering enrolling at a postsecondary institution near Enfield, Connecticut? Here, you can find information about some of the non-specialty schools in the area from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Enfield, Connecticut
Enfield is home to a public community college offering associate's degree and certificate programs. The nearest non-specialty schools are at least 14 miles away. If you don't want to travel far, you may want to consider the five schools that are located the shortest distance from downtown Enfield.
- Asnuntuck Community College (0.0 miles)
- Manchester Community College (14.7 miles)
- Capital Community College (16.3 miles)
- University of Hartford (16.9 miles)
- University of Saint Joseph (16.9 miles)
Largest Schools Near Enfield, Connecticut
The size of the school you attend can influence your educational experience. In the Enfield area, you can choose between small schools, midsize institutions, and one large university. The NCES reported that the following five schools have the largest student populations.
- University of Connecticut (27,043 students)
- Central Connecticut University (12,086 students)
- University of Hartford (6,912 students)
- Manchester Community College (6,891 students)
- Tunxis Community College (4,055 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
To determine the net price of a school, the NCES deducts the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. If you are particularly concerned about the cost of getting a degree, you may want to consider schools in the Enfield area that had lower net prices for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Manchester Community College ($3,981 per year)
- Asnuntuck Community College ($6,569 per year)
- Tunxis Community College ($6,582 per year)
- Capital Community College ($9,934 per year)
- Central Connecticut State University ($15,273 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
As reported by the NCES, the graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the normal time. In many cases, this figure serves as an indicator of the academic quality of an institution. The rates for the following schools is based on data from students who finished in 2015.
- Trinity College (86%)
- University of Connecticut (83%)
- Branford Hall Career Institute-Windsor Campus (64%)
- Central Connecticut State University (57%)
- University of Hartford (56%)
In summary, if you are trying to find a school near Enfield that meets your educational needs, it can help to look at NCES statistics on graduation rates, costs and student enrollment.