Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical and Medical Engineering
- Ceramic Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Drafting and Design Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Engineering - Architectural
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Forest Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Plastics Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Textile Technologies
Online Engineering Courses
- Civil Engineering Design: Students learn the design process for civil engineering projects, which involves hand-sketching, applying computer-aided design (CAD) and choosing appropriate materials, tools and techniques. Consideration for outside factors, such as the economic and environmental impact of engineered structures, is emphasized in these online engineering courses.
- Biochemical Engineering: Biochemical engineering studies combine chemical engineering and microbiology topics to introduce students to the field of microbial systems. These courses traditionally cover subjects such as enzyme kinetics, microbial growth modeling, fermentation systems and enzyme engineering.
- Foundations of Software Engineering: Online graduate-level courses of this nature provide students with a comprehensive overview of current software development methods relevant to engineering. Subjects tend to include component-based software, such as C# and .NET, algorithms related to modeling, analysis and visualization and basic software maintenance.
- Teaching College-Level Science and Engineering: Graduate students considering a career teaching college-level science and engineering programs are the primary audience for this course, which is usually delivered via online interactive seminar format. Instruction covers creating questions for tests and homework, methods for teaching equations and techniques for delivering interesting lectures. These courses are commonly offered at an introductory level that's suitable for students with or without teaching experience.
- Aerospace Engineering: This course is designed to teach students the fundamentals of aerospace engineering and development. Students will learn about systems such as spacecraft and airplanes, from design to build. Topics include aeronautic technology, dynamics and engineering risks.
- Entrepreneurship for Engineers: In this online course, students can learn how to turn an engineering idea into a successful business. Topics include marketing, financing, product development, strategic partnership opportunities and how to evaluate business ideas.
- Sustainable Energy: Sustainability is the focus of this course, which explores advances in energy extraction systems and energy usage. It also looks at how mathematical, engineering and market factors play a role in the development of sustainable energy infrastructure.
Engineering classes and degree programs can be found online in areas of study such as aeronautics and astronautics, biological and chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, electrical and mechanical engineering, computer science and technology, and nuclear science and engineering. There are dozens of undergraduate-level classes addressing engineering topics that can be completed entirely online. Many colleges and universities also offer graduate levels courses online. Some courses may require students to add specific programs to their personal computer in order to complete assignments.
Additionally, many well-known academic institutions offer non-credit engineering courses online for free as part of an open-access education initiative. Textbook titles and educational content, such as lecture notes, quizzes and audio and video files, from real college courses are uploaded to the respective school's website and available for download.
Regardless of what type of engineering you are interested in, you can find online courses in the field. You can choose topics from the realms of biochemical engineering, computer engineering, aerospace engineering and more, as well as topics which merge engineering with other disciplines, like entrepreneurship.