The Exton, PA, area offers a diverse blend of postsecondary institutions, including mostly community colleges and 4-year public and private nonprofit universities. Information made available by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) will allow prospective students to consider several different factors such as; proximity to Exton, school size, cost, and graduation rate.
Schools Near Exton
While there are no traditional schools in Exton, there are 5 public and private institutions within a 10-mile radius. Below is a list of those schools, all of which are 4-year universities.
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Great Valley (4.9 miles away from Exton)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (5.7 miles away from Exton)
- University of Valley Forge (7.1 miles away from Exton)
- Immaculata University (9.7 miles away from Exton)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania (10.0 miles away from Exton)
Largest Schools Near Exton
While Exton may be a small city with no traditional schools inside its borders, it does have several moderate to large colleges and universities nearby. The top 5 largest schools near Exton offer a mix of university and community college programs, and have student bodies ranging from 12,500 to 26,500 total students.
- Drexel University (26,359 total students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,806 total students)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,086 total students)
- Montgomery County Community College (12,805 total students)
- Delaware County Community College (12,459 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The following net price statistics are from the NCES for full-time students in the 2014-2015 school year. To determine the average net price of a school, the NCES takes the yearly average total cost of attendance and subtracts the average amount of financial aid given to students from this total. Below are 5 colleges with the lowest net price near Exton:
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Brandywine ($13,417)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology ($14,029)
- Lincoln University ($14,057)
Highest Graduation Rates
To figure out a school's overall graduation rate, the NCES looks at how many full-time students graduated within 150% of the program's standard time. The following schools had the highest graduation rates among Exton-area traditional universities and colleges, according to the NCES. All schools listed below had graduation rates of over 85%.
- University of Pennsylvania (95% graduation rate)
- Swarthmore College (94% graduation rate)
- Haverford College (90% graduation rate)
- Villanova University (90% graduation rate)
- Bryn Mawr College (85% graduation rate)
The data presented will hopefully allow prospective students near Exton, PA, to make an informed and confident college selection.