Students who want to pursue higher education in a classic New England setting may be interested in some of the schools in and around Fall River, Massachusetts. The National Center for Education Statistics provides relevant data about some of these schools.
Closest Schools to Fall River, Massachusetts
There are two non-specialty schools in Fall River and a few more colleges and universities nearby. Here are the five closest schools.
- Bristol Community College (0.0 miles)
- Wentworth Institute of Technology (0.0 miles)
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth (9.4 miles)
- Wheaton College (17.8 miles)
- Bridgewater State University (20.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near Fall River, Massachusetts
Of the five largest schools near Fall River, Massachusetts, three are mid-size institutions and two are small colleges. If student population size is an important factor for you, it can be helpful to look at these numbers.
- Bridgewater State University (11,187 students)
- Bristol Community College (9,189 students)
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth (9,111 students)
- Stonehill College (2,284 students)
- Wheaton College (1,587 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Net price is a figure that the NCES calculates by deducting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate. For the 2014-2015 school year, these five schools were the most affordable in the Fall River area.
- Bristol Community College ($6,306 per year)
- Bridgewater State University ($15,313 per year)
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth ($15,489 per year)
- Stonehill College ($29,370 per year)
- Wheaton College ($34,150 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES calculates a school's overall graduation rate by identifying the number of full-time undergraduate students that complete their programs within 150% of normal time. In the fall River area, graduation rates range from twenty to almost ninety percent. If you're intent on earning your degree on time, check out the schools with the highest graduation rates for students who finished in 2015.
- Stonehill College (87%)
- Wheaton College (79%)
- Bridgewater State University (58%)
- University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth (46%)
- Bristol Community College (21%)
In conclusion, you can choose from six institutions if you're looking to study at a non-specialty school near Fall River, Massachusetts.