We train our sights on public or private traditional schools near Florence, Kentucky, to compare and contrast these postsecondary institutions and help students determine if any represent a smart academic choice. Using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we examine these schools in four different categories.
Closest Schools to Florence, Kentucky
Students wishing to attend school near Florence, have a fairly even mix of 2-year (or less) and 4-year schools to choose from. Most of the closest schools are private institutions.
- Beckfield College-Florence (located downtown)
- Gateway Community and Technical College (located downtown)
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Thomas More College (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Northern Kentucky University (10.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Florence, Kentucky
Students searching for larger schools near Florence have a few options of schools with more than 1,000 students. Only one of the larger schools in the area offers graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Northern Kentucky University (15,090 students)
- Gateway Community and Technical College (4,594 students)
- Thomas More College (1,655 students)
- Beckfield College-Florence (712 students)
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky (306 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
One useful method for approximating the amount of money it will cost to attend a given college is through the NCES net price calculator, which subtracts the average amount of financial aid full-time undergrad students received at a given college from the total expenses students paid at that college in a single school year. The following net prices are all provided by the NCES and are taken from the 2014-2015 school year. Almost all of the net prices in the area are under $20,000.
- Gateway Community and Technical College ($7,644)
- Northern Kentucky University ($9,173)
- Thomas More College ($18,567)
- Beckfield College-Florence ($26,842)
Highest Graduation Rate
The primary way the NCES ranks graduation rates is by looking at the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from their college's program within 150% of the normal time it should take to be completed. Traditional Kentucky schools in the Florence area had graduation rates of 30% or higher for 2015, according to NCES data.
- Daymar College-Bellevue (55% graduation rate)
- Thomas More College (48% graduation rate)
- Northern Kentucky University (40% graduation rate)
- Brown Mackie College-Northern Kentucky (34% graduation rate)
- Beckfield College-Florence (32% graduation rate)
Students do not have too many options of traditional public or private schools near Florence, KY, but there are several that offer some variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates to fit a student's needs.