If you're curious about schools near Fort Lauderdale, this information goes over school sizes, net prices, and graduation rates for different institutions in the area, all calculated with data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Fort Lauderdale, Florida
There are seven schools less than five miles away from downtown Fort Lauderdale. Two of these institutions can be found in the downtown area itself, though one is a specialty school. For those looking to study near Fort Lauderdale, look into these options:
- Broward College (located downtown)
- City College - Fort Lauderdale (located 5.1 miles from downtown)
- Keiser University - Ft Lauderdale (located 5.1miles from downtown)
- William T McFatter Technical College (located 6.0 miles from downtown)
- Nova Southeastern University (located 6.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Three of the most populous institutions during the 2014-2015 year are within a seven-mile radius of downtown. Four of the five schools with the largest populations are universities. If you like the idea of studying alongside many colleagues, look into these choices:
- Miami Dade College (66,046 students, all undergraduates)
- Broward College (44,119 students, all undergraduates)
- Florida Atlantic University (30,297 students; 25,476 undergraduates)
- Nova Southeastern University (24,148 students; 4,699 undergraduates)
- Keiser University - Ft Lauderdale (19,110 students; 18,101 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
Eight institutions in the area had net costs lower than $10,000 for 2014-2015. Two of them are less than 10 miles from downtown. The NCES determines these amounts by finding the difference between the total program cost and the average financial aid for full-time undergraduates.
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College ($4,684)
- Miami Lakes Educational Center and Technical College ($5,934)
- Broward College ($8,622)
- Miami Dade College ($8,829)
- William T McFatter Technical College ($9,405)
Highest Graduation Rates
Six institutions had graduation rates above the 60% mark for 2015. Two of those schools are less than 10 miles from downtown Fort Lauderdale. The NCES finds these amounts by calculating the amount of full-time undergraduates who complete their studies within 150% of the typical time frame.
- Keiser University - Ft Lauderdale (68% graduation rate)
- Lindsey Hopkins Technical College (67% graduation rate)
- William T McFatter Technical College (63% graduation rate)
- Atlantic Technical College (59% graduation rate)
- Sheridan Technical College (55% graduation rate)
If you are looking to study in or near Fort Lauderdale, Florida, there are multiple options for you depending on if you are looking for large populations, low costs, high graduation rates, and proximity to the city.