If you're interested in enrolling in a college or university near Forty Fort, Pennsylvania, data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) may be able to help you find a local school that meets your educational requirements.
Closest Schools to Forty Fort, Pennsylvania
There are no non-traditional schools in the borough of Forty Fort, but there are traditional public and private institutions that aren't too far away. If a short commute is important to you, one of the five closest schools might be right for you.
- King's College (2.0 miles)
- Wilkes University (2.2 miles)
- Misericordia University (5.4 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Wilkes-Barre (7.3 miles)
- Luzerne County Community College (7.8 miles)
Largest Schools near Forty Fort, Pennsylvania
There are a few midsize institutions in the Forty Fort area, but most local colleges and universities are relatively small. While some of the larger schools may provide more academic resources, a smaller school may be able to provide more personalized educational experiences. Therefore, it is important to consider student population size when making a college decision.
- Luzerne County Community College (5,788 students)
- University of Scranton (5,422 students)
- Wilkes University (5,053 students)
- Marywood University (3,010 students)
- Misericordia University (2,963 students)
Lowest Net Price
Affordability is a major concern for many prospective college students, and the net price statistic can provide valuable insight into how much attending a school might cost. The NCES calculates this figure by subtracting the average financial aid award from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. For the 2014-2015 school year, these five non-specialty Forty Fort-area colleges had the lowest net prices.
- Luzerne County Community College ($6,642 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Worthington Scranton ($13,497 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Wilkes-Barre ($14,590 per year)
- Lackawanna College ($15,734 per year)
- Summit University of Pennsylvania ($18,157 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
In order to come up with a school's graduation rate, the NCES determines the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finish within 150% of the normal time. This figure can often be an indicator of the academic quality of an institution. Based on data from students who finished in 2015, here are the five traditional universities near Forty Fort with the highest graduation rates.
- University of Scranton (80%)
- Misericordia University (72%)
- Marywood University (70%)
- King's College (66%)
- Summit University of Pennsylvania (59%)
In conclusion, NCES data can help aspiring students in the Forty Fort, Pennsylvania, area learn more about their educational options.