If you're looking to go to school near Framingham, Massachusetts, you have lots of options to consider. This article compares both public and private colleges and universities based on figures from the National Center for Education Statistics. This information can help you make an informed decision about your education.
Closest Schools to Framingham, Massachusetts
Due to Framingham's close proximity to Boston, there is a high concentration of educational institutions in the area. Framingham State University is located directly in the city of Framingham, but there are many other colleges and universities that are a short commute away.
- Assabet Valley Regional Technical School (located 6.2 miles from the city center)
- Regis Collge (located 7.5 miles from the city center)
- Massachusetts Bay Community College (located 8.6 miles from the city center)
- Wellesley College (located 8.6 miles from the city center)
- Babson College (located 8.9 miles from the city center)
Largest Schools Near Framingham, Massachusetts
When students attend universities with large populations, they have the opportunity to study alongside people from a wide range of backgrounds. There are several schools near Framingham that have large student bodies. If you're looking for a school with more than 15,000 students, you may want to consider one of the options below.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,791 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (17,179 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,756 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
For a budget-minded student, a potential school's net price may also be a factor to research. A school's net cost is calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid that a student receives from the total cost to attend the school. The following five schools in the Framingham area have the lowest net price based on 2015-2016 data from the NCES.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Quinsigamond Community College ($6,758 per year)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842 per year)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977 per year)
- Assabet Valley Regional Technical School ($8,792 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate of a school is determined by the number of students who graduate within 150% of the 'normal' time to completion for their programs. According to the NCES, these five schools had the highest graduation rates of all the colleges and universities in the Framingham area as of 2015-2016.
- Blue Hills Regional Technical School (100%)
- Laboure College (100%)
- Urban College of Boston (100%)
- Greater Lowell Technical School (100%)
- Harvard University (98%)
With over 100 colleges and universities in the Framingham area, it can be challenging to decide which one best meets your needs, but examining data on location, student body size, overall cost, and graduation rate can be very helpful.