Aspiring college students living in or near Franklin, Ohio, who want to remain close to home have plenty of postsecondary options to choose from. To help students make an informed academic choice, we compare the traditional schools in the area using information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Franklin, Ohio
The closest schools to Franklin are mostly 4-year schools. The majority of these schools are also public institutions.
- Miami University-Middletown (4.9 miles from downtown)
- University of Dayton (13.4 miles from downtown)
- Miami University- Hamilton (14.9 miles from downtown)
- Sinclair Community College (15.6 miles from downtown)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (19 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Franklin, Ohio
Some students may want to attend a larger school, and the Franklin area has several that have more than 1,000 students. Several of the larger institutions even offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Miami University-Oxford (19,076 students)
- Sinclair Community College (18,136 students)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (17,070 students)
- University of Dayton (11,250 students)
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College (5,065 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price in the Franklin area ranged from about $5,000-$34,000, according to the NCES in 2014-2015. The organization determines the net price by subtracting the average government or institutional aid from the cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate.
- Sinclair Community College ($5,302)
- Miami University-Hamilton ($10,270)
- Central State University ($10,840)
- Miami University-Middletown ($11,371)
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College ($11,692)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reports the graduation rates for schools by the number of full-time undergrad students who graduate within 150% of 'normal' time for their program (i.e. six years for a bachelor's degree). Traditional schools near Franklin have rates ranging from 10% to 80% for 2015.
- Miami University-Oxford (80% graduation rate)
- University of Dayton (79% graduation rate)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (40% graduation rate)
- Miami University- Hamilton (27% graduation rate)
- Miami University- Middletown (23% graduation rate)
Students have several options of public and private schools with a wide range of graduation rates, prices, sizes, and locations in the Franklin, OH, area.