Because Ft. Knox doesn't have any colleges or universities located within its city limits, students will have to look for options outside the city. That list includes several private universities, a public university and a few community colleges, which are all compared here using information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students select a school.
Closest Schools to Fort Knox, Kentucky
The closest schools to Fort Knox are found in Elizabethtown, KY. Outside of Elizabethtown, there are several 2-year and 4-year private institutions.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (13.6 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Louisville (21.6 miles from downtown)
- Brown Mackie College-Louisville (22.9 miles from downtown)
- Daymar College-Louisville (22.9 miles from downtown)
- Spalding University (26.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Fort Knox, Kentucky
Almost all of the larger schools near Fort Knox are actually located in Louisville, KY. Some of these schools only offer undergraduate degrees, but a few offer graduate level programs as well.
- University of Louisville (21,561 students)
- Jefferson Community and Technical College (13,550 students)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (7,314 students)
- Sullivan University (4,394 students)
- Bellarmine University (3,609 students)
Lowest Net Price
NCES calculates the average net price for full-time, first-time undergraduates by subtracting the average amount of grant or scholarship aid from the total cost of attending a postsecondary school. Of the colleges in the area, net prices for 2014-2015 ranged between $700 up to about $26,000.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College ($7,394)
- Jefferson Community and Technical College ($7,984)
- University of Louisville ($15,981)
- Campbellsville University ($16,576)
- Spalding University ($17,816)
Highest Graduation Rates
Most of the traditional schools within 50 miles of Ft. Knox showed fairly low overall graduation rates for 2014, but some were over 50%. This statistic reflects the percentage of full-time, first-time undergrad students who completed their degree or certificate programs within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g. 6 years for a bachelor's program or 3 years for an associate's program).
- Bellarmine University (67% graduation rate)
- University of Louisville (53% graduation rate)
- Daymar College-Louisville (49% graduation rate)
- Spalding University (43% graduation rate)
- Sullivan University (41% graduation rate)
Although there are no schools in Fort Knox, KY, students can select from private and public institutions within 50-miles that vary in graduation rates, price, size, and location.