The following paragraphs describe the program offerings at the public and private not-for-profit colleges and universities currently operating in Gainesville, Florida. Enrollment info is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Gainesville, FL
The closest schools in and around downtown Gainesville are 4-year institutions. Students can potentially achieve undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- University of Florida (2.4 miles from downtown Gainesville)
- City College-Gainesville (6.4 miles from downtown Gainesville)
- Santa Fe College (6.9 miles from downtown Gainesville)
Largest Schools Near Gainesville, FL
The largest schools in and around Gainesville are also the 4-year institutions. One of those had more than 50,000 students, as of fall 2015.
- University of Florida (50,654 students)
- Santa Fe College (14,767 students)
- City College-Gainesville (383 students)
Lowest Net Price
NCES net prices show the average cost of attending a school once financial aid has been subtracted from tuition, fees, and other expenses. The following schools had the lowest net price for full-time undergraduate students, from 2014-2015.
- Santa Fe College ($7,436)
- University of Florida ($14,610)
- City College-Gainesville ($20,436)
Highest Graduation Rate
The graduation rates published by NCES indicate what percentage of students complete their academic programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g., three years for an associate's degree). The following schools had the highest overall rates in the area for full-time undergraduates who entered into their programs in 2009.
- University of Florida (87% graduation rate)
- Santa Fe College (59% graduation rate)
- City College-Gainesville (56% graduation rate)
As you can see, there are several public and private non-profit schools in and around Gainesville, Florida, that vary in size, tuition costs, and graduation rates, each of which can help you to decide on one that is most suited towards you.