Of the nearly 38 schools located near Garland, several are public or private, not-for-profit schools that offer programs in a variety of fields. These schools are organized in four categories based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Garland, Texas
The closest schools to Garland, Texas, are mostly 4-year private schools. Some of the others are 2-year public institutions. The 4-year schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Amberton University (Garland)
- Remington College-Dallas Campus (Garland)
- Bakke Graduate University (Dallas)
- Richland College (Dallas)
- Eastfield College (Mesquite)
Largest Schools Near Garland, Texas
The largest schools near Garland are mostly public schools. Most had more than 10,000 students, as of fall 2018.
- The University of Texas at Dallas (28,755 students)
- Richland College (20,032 students)
- Eastfield College (16,769 students)
- Brookhaven College (13,726 students)
- Southern Methodist University (11,649 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates net prices for schools by first determining the total estimated cost of attendance for in-state students and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid those students typically receive. The following schools had the lowest net prices among the schools near Garland, according to NCES figures from 2018-2019 for full-time undergraduate students.
- El Centro College ($4,411)
- Richland College ($5,082)
- Brookhaven College ($5,205)
- Eastfield College ($5,650)
- The University of Texas at Dallas ($10,455)
Highest Graduation Rate
Schools' overall graduation rates are also calculated by the NCES by determining how many students complete their programs within 150% of the normal amount of time allotted. An example of 150% of the normal time would be six years for a bachelor's degree. The following schools had the highest graduation rates for full-time undergraduates who began their studies in 2013 (bachelor's degrees) or 2016 (associate's degrees).
- Southern Methodist University (81% graduation rate)
- Remington College-Dallas Campus (67% graduation rate)
- The University of Texas at Dallas (70% graduation rate)
- Criswell College (29% graduation rate)
The schools located near Garland, Texas, have been broken down into four separate categories to help you pick one that makes the most sense for you.