Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
GED Exam Study Books
The GED Test has four test sections that cover a wide range of learning in language arts, math, social studies and science. Everyone who takes the GED brings his or her own individual skill set, knowledge level and academic experience to the test. GED prep books and study materials cover much of the same ground, but their different presentations and varied mix of print and online materials offer support to many different types of learners from many different backgrounds. The following books and study materials are some of the most widely used GED Test preparation resources:
- Kaplan GED TEST Premier 2015 - The Kaplan GED TEST Premier 2015 provides a diagnostic test, 1,000 sample questions and two full practice exams. The book content is backed up by an online component with 50 instructional videos.
- McGraw-Hill Education Preparation for the GED Test - This book comes with 1,000 sample questions, two full practice tests, and a DVD-ROM with two additional practice tests that help familiarize you with the GED computer test format.
- Master the GED Test - Published by Peterson's, this study guide is targeted to students who want test practice. The book has three practice tests and an online platform with two additional full tests. The online test questions use the same drop-and-drag, hot spot and drag-down technology as the questions found on the actual GED Test.
- Steck-Vaugh Test Preparation for the 2014 GED Test - This four-part series covers language arts, math, science and social studies in separate workbooks. Material is presented in short lessons with follow-up tests. The books can be used individually or as a set and can be bundled with additional online instruction.
- Proliteracy's Workbooks for the GED Tests - Published by the world's largest organization of adult education programs, this series of individual workbooks on GED Test subjects presents lessons with guided explanations, key vocabulary terms and practice test questions. The series includes three workbooks in math, four in writing, one in science and one in social studies.
- The Princeton Review: Cracking the GED Test - Like other test prep books, Cracking the GED Test reviews test content and provides sample questions and practice tests. However, in addition to strengthening your academic skills and knowledge, this guide also focuses on building your testing techniques and strategies.
- Study.com's GED Online Classes - Our courses are designed by exam experts to prepare you for every aspect of you GED, from learning the content to test-taking tips. Short, fun videos and practice exams will help you feel comfortable on test day.
GED Preparation Programs
Students who want guidance while using a GED prep book may want to consider enrolling in a formal program. Preparation programs for the GED test are offered at many community colleges. These programs allow adults to learn first-hand from instructors who are proficient in GED content and exam trends. In addition, since many schools offering GED training programs are also GED testing centers, test takers can become comfortable in their eventual test-taking environment. GED preparation programs come in many forms, including online programs and training in Spanish and French, to accommodate the needs of students.