To help those students seeking a traditional college education at a public or private school, this article profiles school options near Glendale. These colleges and universities are categorized in four areas based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Glendale, Arizona
Some students may wish to study close to Glendale to be able to stay near home or work. Many good options exist very close to downtown Glendale. Below are two 2-year schools and three 4-year schools close to Glendale offering certificates, associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees and graduate studies.
- Arizona College - Glendale (2.4 miles)
- Glendale Community College (2.4 miles)
- Grand Canyon University (3.3 miles)
- American Indian College (5.1 miles)
- Ottawa University - Phoenix (5.1 miles)
Largest Schools Near Glendale, Arizona
The following three 4-year schools and two 2-year schools offer a large student body which has its benefits in terms of wider variety of programs and extracurricular activities. The student population of these schools ranges from around 20,500 to over 195,000.
- University of Phoenix - Arizona (195,059)
- Grand Canyon University (62,304)
- Arizona State University - Tempe (50,320)
- Mesa Community College (22,711)
- Glendale Community College (20,506)
Lowest Net Price
Students who want to keep costs under control might want to compare schools by their average net prices. A school's net price is the total cost of attendance minus the amount of financial aid received by the average student. Average net prices at schools in the Glendale area range from about $7,000 to more than $42,500. Below are schools with lower average net prices for full-time undergraduates in 2014-2015, according to NCES.
- Rio Salado Community College ($7,006)
- Glendale Community College ($7,034)
- South Mountain Community College ($7,191)
- Estrella Mountain Community College ($7,214)
- Phoenix College ($7,299)
Highest Graduation Rate
A college's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who completed their programs within 150% of 'normal' time (for example, six years for a bachelor's degree). Schools in the Glendale area have graduation rates ranging from 85% to 3%. Listed below are the mainstream schools in the Glendale area with higher overall graduation rates as reported by NCES.
- Arizona State University - West (71%)
- Arizona State University - Tempe (66%)
- Arizona State University - Downtown Phoenix (64%)
- Arizona College - Glendale (59%)
- Arizona Christian University (38%)
If you are looking for Glendale-area schools to complete or begin your studies, you can find options based on school size, graduation rate, costs and proximity to help you make your decision.