The area around Goodlettsville feature postsecondary study options at a variety of public and private institutions. This article looks at these traditional colleges and compares them using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Goodlettsville, Tennessee
The closest schools to Goodlettsville are primarily specialty schools. Of the traditional schools, the closest tend to be 4-year private institutions.
- Fisk University (11.1 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University-Nashville (11.9 miles from downtown)
- Daymar Institute-Nashville (11.9 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Nashville (11.9 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Tennessee (11.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Goodlettsville, Tennessee
The largest traditional schools near Goodlettsville include two public community colleges. Most of the larger schools also offer graduate programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Vanderbilt University (12,686 students)
- Nashville State Community College (10,044 students)
- Tennessee State University (9,027 students)
- Volunteer State Community College (7,664 students)
- Belmont University (7,244 students)
Lowest Net Price
Net price is a good indicator of overall educational cost. The NCES calculates net prices by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded at a school from the institution's estimated total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduates, which includes tuition, fees, room, board, books and supplies. Postsecondary education net prices at traditional Goodlettsville-area colleges range from approximately $4,800 up to $32,700, per 2014-2015 NCES figures.
- Nashville State Community College ($4,776)
- Volunteer State Community College ($7,053)
- Tennessee State University ($9,604)
- Aquinas College ($17,117)
- Trevecca Nazarene University ($17,156)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent the percentage of full-time first-time students who completed their programs within 150% of the normal time. Among non-specialty schools in the Goodlettsville area, overall graduation rates range from a mere 11% to as high as 92% for 2015.
- Vanderbilt University (92% graduation rate)
- Belmont University (69% graduation rate)
- Daymar Institute-Nashville (59% graduation rate)
- Lipscomb University (55% graduation rate)
- Fisk University (53% graduation rate)
The Goodlettsville, TN, area offers a plethora of private and public institutions that give students a large variation in sizes, prices, graduation rates, and even locations to meet their individual preferences.