Need to know which graduate schools in Atlanta, Georgia, meet your needs for cost, proximity to downtown and graduation rate? Read on for information to get you started. All statistics were collected from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Atlanta, GA
Located in the heart of downtown, Georgia State University is a public school that offers graduate programs. Several other nearby options are available.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (1.6 miles from downtown)
- Clark Atlanta University (2.2 miles from downtown)
- Beulah Heights University (4.3 miles from downtown)
- Emory University (4.7 miles from downtown)
- Clayton State University (12.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Atlanta, GA
Students looking for graduate programs in the Atlanta area have a variety of options from which to choose. Below, we've listed the colleges and universities with the largest overall student bodies.
- Georgia State University (32,058 total enrollment)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (25,034 total enrollment)
- Emory University (13,788 total enrollment)
- Clayton State University (7,012 total enrollment)
- Clark Atlanta University (3,661 total enrollment)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Going to college is a financial investment, especially for those enrolled in graduate programs that tend to be pricier compared to undergraduate programs. Financial aid can be a big help; loans, scholarships and graduate assistantships are some of the options that may be available to students. That said, finding a reasonably priced institution is often vital for prospective students. The following schools had some of the lowest in-state graduate tuition in the Atlanta area, according to 2014-2015 NCES information.
- Clayton State University ($5,512)
- Georgia State University ($6,876)
- Georgia Christian University $6,888)
- Beulah Heights University ($9,720)
- Georgia Institute of Technology ($13,452)
Highest Graduation Rate
One way to narrow down school options is to compare their graduation rates, which give an idea of the educational quality available at colleges or universities. Though these numbers are based on undergrads, they still can be helpful to graduate students wanting to know more about the effectiveness of a school's programs. According to the NCES, the five schools below have the highest graduation rates for 2014-2015.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
- Clark Atlanta University (38% graduation rate)
- Clayton State University (32% graduation rate)
Students looking for schools with high graduation rates and moderate prices for graduate programs have several options available in Atlanta, GA.