Grand Forks and the towns that neighbor it don't have a particularly large number of schools for students wishing to be educated in North Dakota. This article will focus on the area's traditional schools and examine how they differ, using statistics provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Grand Forks, North Dakota
There are not many traditional schools near downtown Grand Forks. The closest four traditional schools are all 4-year institutions, but there are some 2-year specialty schools nearby.
- University of North Dakota (1.1 miles from downtown)
- Mayville State University (31.1 miles from downtown)
- Rasmussen College-North Dakota (74 miles from downtown)
- North Dakota State University-Main Campus (74.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Grand Forks, North Dakota
The largest schools near Grand Forks are primarily public institutions. Only two large schools offer graduate programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- University of North Dakota (14,906 students)
- North Dakota State University-Main Campus (14,747 students)
- Mayville State University (1,081 students)
- Rasmussen College-North Dakota (793 students)
Lowest Net Price
The price of tuition is another important aspect of choosing a college, so here are Grand Forks' nearby traditional schools and their net prices for 2014-2015. Overall, prices ranged from around $4,000 to $19,000. This statistic is produced by the NCES through subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid that full-time undergrad students receive from the total cost of attendance.
- Mayville State University ($12,249)
- North Dakota State University-Main Campus ($14,654)
- University of North Dakota ($16,001)
- Rasmussen College-North Dakota ($18,918)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES also keeps track of the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of normal completion time for their chosen program. For 4-year schools 150% of normal time is six years; for 2-year schools 150% of normal time would be three years. For 2015, area schools' graduation rates ranged from 12% to 100%, but the traditional schools had rates of 54% or lower.
- North Dakota State University-Main Campus (54% graduation rate)
- University of North Dakota (54% graduation rate)
- Mayville State University (25% graduation rate)
- Rasmussen College-North Dakota (12% graduation rate)
There are four traditional schools near Grand Forks, ND, that offer students a variety of programs, and comparing them according to graduation rates, estimated costs and more can help students determine if any represent a good academic fit.