In this article, we focus exclusively on traditional colleges and universities near Greenfield, many of which are located in Milwaukee. To help local students find out if any of these institutions are worth pursuing further, we compare them in categories from data supplied by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Greenfield, Wisconsin
If proximity to Greenfield is important to students, then there are plenty of 4-year schools that are close by. Some 2-year schools are available, but by and large the closest schools are 4-year private institutions.
- Alverno College (1.4 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenfield (1.9 miles from downtown)
- Marquette University (4.3 miles from downtown)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (4.3 miles from downtown)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Wauwatosa (4.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Greenfield, Wisconsin
The Greenfield area offers several schools with more than 1,000 students, and a few with more than 10,000 students. Many of these larger institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (26,726 students)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (15,186 students)
- Marquette University (11,491 students)
- Gateway Technical College (8,740 students)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (8,268 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Greenfield area schools cost between $8,500 and $34,000 to attend in 2014-2015, according to NCES calculations. To obtain a school's net price, the NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid in-state, full-time undergrad students receive from the estimated annual expenses of attending a school.
- Gateway Technical College ($8,660)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College ($8,934)
- Waukesha County Technical College ($9,746)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee ($13,808)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Wauwatosa ($14,950)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES calculates a school's graduation rate by finding the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). Graduation rates at traditional schools near Greenfield ranged from 9% to 80% as of 2015, according to the NCES.
- Marquette University (80% graduation rate)
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (64% graduation rate)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (62% graduation rate)
- Carroll University (59% graduation rate)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (58% graduation rate)
Greenfield, Wisconsin, and the surrounding area varies greatly in public and private institutions with different locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates for students to select from.