In the Greensboro city limits and beyond, there are numerous colleges and universities that offer diverse educational settings. Data from the National Center for Education Statistics provides information on standards that you may consider in selecting the school for you, including proximity, student population, net cost of attendance, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Greensboro, North Carolina
Composed of 4-year colleges and universities, the top five schools in and nearest to Greensboro are conveniently located within 4 miles of the city. All of the schools listed below offer bachelor's degree programs or higher.
- Bennett College (within the city)
- Greensboro College (within the city)
- North Carolina A & T State University (0.4 miles)
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro (1.3 miles)
- Virginia College-Greensboro (3.7 miles)
Largest Schools Near Greensboro, North Carolina
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a public university, has the largest student population in Greensboro, North Carolina with 18,647 students in Fall 2014. Undergraduates accounted for 15,313 of all the students enrolled. Other large schools included below are also predominantly public institutions.
- Guilford Technical Community College (12,430 students: all undergraduates)
- North Carolina A & T State University (10,725 students: 9,203 undergraduates)
- Elon University (6,483 students: 5,782 undergraduates)
- Alamance Community College (4,437 students: all undergraduates)
- Davidson County Community College (4,102 students: all undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The net price of a school is the amount that first-year, full-time undergraduate students pay after subtracting their financial aid awards from the total cost of attendance. The total cost represents the sum of room and board, tuition and fees, books and other supplies. In the Greensboro area during the 2014-2015 academic year, there are several schools with net prices less than $10,000. Below are the most affordable schools in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Davidson County Community College ($6,829)
- Rockingham Community College ($7,225)
- Randolph Community College ($8,581)
- North Carolina A & T State University ($8,589)
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro ($9,875)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
A school's overall graduation rate, as calculated by the NCES, represents the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of 'normal' time, such as six years for a 4-year program or three years for a 2-year program. Among traditional schools around Greensboro, the five highest graduation rates in 2015 all exceeded 40%.
- Elon University (83%)
- Salem College (60%)
- Guilford College (59%)
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro (56%)
- Bennett College (44%)
- North Carolina A & T State University (44%)
Greensboro, North Carolina has a variety of schools which you can choose from depending on your preferences and educational goals.