Students looking to complete their post-secondary education in the Greenville, South Carolina area have just a few options to choose from but still have access to degrees from the associate to doctoral levels. To assist students in their research, data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) was gathered regarding the schools' distance from the city, student populations, net costs, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Greenville, South Carolina
Most institutions nearest Greenville, South Carolina have undergraduate and graduate level programs. If you consider studying within 10 miles of the city, then you can refer to the following schools:
- Brown Mackie College (within the city)
- Strayer University-South Carolina (3.9 miles)
- Bob Jones University (4.5 miles)
- Greenville Technical College (4.9 miles)
- Furman University (9.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Greenville, South Carolina
Greenville Technical College, a 2-year public institution, had the largest student population in Greenville, South Carolina. In Fall 2014, it had a total student population of 12,280, all of whom were undergraduates. In contrast, other schools with large student populations in the area predominantly consisted of 4-year private universities.
- Tri-County Technical College (6,386 students; all undergraduates)
- Bob Jones University (3,005students; 2,684 undergraduates)
- Furman University (2,884 students; 2,731 undergraduates)
- North Greenville University (2,689 students; 2478 undergraduates)
- Strayer University-South Carolina (2,156 students; 1,441 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of schooling may be a determining factor for many students when making a final decision. The net price is calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid offered by the government or institution from the tuition fees of full-time undergraduate students. According to the NCES, the net price for the schools in the Greenville area ranged from about $7,000 to more than $31,000 in 2014-2015.
- Greenville Technical College ($7,215)
- Tri-County Technical College ($8,880)
- Bob Jones University ($13,364)
- North Greenville University ($15,422)
- Southern Wesleyan University ($15,921)
Highest Graduation Rate
While graduation rates may not be one of the primary factors that individuals consider when making a college choice, it can be a strong indicator of overall student success. The NCES defines a school's overall graduation rate as the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of 'normal time' for their programs. In 2015, the schools with the highest graduation rates in the Greenville area included:
- Furman University (83%)
- Bob Jones University (62%)
- North Greenville University (55%)
- Southern Wesleyan University (50%)
- Tri-County Technical College (21%)
When considering a school in Greenville, South Carolina, it might be helpful to use the data given by the NCES concerning proximity, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.