Gurnee and its surrounding areas offer a number of schooling options, composed primarily of 2-year and 4-year universities and colleges. With data from the National Center for Education Statistics you will know here about the schools' proximity, student population, net price, and graduation rate.
Closest School to Gurnee, Illinois
Majority of the schools nearest Gurnee, Illinois, offer certificate courses and undergraduate programs. If you opt to pursue your studies within 21 miles of the city, you can refer to the list below.
- College of Lake County (5.0 miles)
- Lake Forest College (10.3 miles)
- Trinity International University-Illinois (14.2 miles)
- William Rainey Harper College (19.2 miles)
- McHenry County College (20.8 miles)
Largest School Near Gurnee, Illinois
College of Lake County, a 2-year public institution, has the largest student population near Gurnee, Illinois. In Fall 2014, the total number of students enrolled there was 15,410, all of whom were undergraduates. Other schools with large student population in the Gurnee area are also predominantly 2-year public colleges.
- William Rainey Harper College (14,957 students: all undergraduates)
- Oakton Community College (10,589 students: all undergraduates)
- McHenry County College (6,567 students: all undergraduates)
- Trinity International University-Illinois (2,202 students: 873 undergraduates)
- Lake Forest College (1,626 students: 1,607 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
Many different factors go into determining the total cost of attending college, including the price of tuition, books, supplies, living on-campus and the amount of financial aid a student is likely to receive. The NCES keeps track of all these variables to determine the net price, which is the amount of money a full-time undergraduate student will pay once institutional or government financial aid has been subtracted from the total cost. The schools near Gurnee with the lowest net prices during the academic year 2014-2015 include:
- College of Lake County ($4,590)
- Oakton Community College ($5,941)
- McHenry County College ($6,110)
- William Rainey Harper College ($7,659)
- Trinity International University-Illinois ($20,581)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
High graduation and retention rates often reflect a school's commitment to students. To obtain the graduation rate, NCES measures the number of full-time undergraduate students who finish from their academic programs within 150% of 'normal time,' (i.e., completing a bachelor's degree program within six years or an associate's degree program within three years). Listed below are the institutions located nearby Gurnee, Illinois, with the highest graduation rates in 2015.
- Lake Forest College (72%)
- Trinity International University-Illinois (45%)
- McHenry County College (29%)
- William Rainey Harper College (26%)
- College of Lake County (21%)
You can choose from a number of schools located near Gurnee, Illinois, and being informed of the institutions' distance from the city, enrollment and graduation rates, and net cost of attendance can guide you in your decision making.