Learn about institutions near Hammond, Louisiana. Discover their graduation rates, net costs, and student populations, with data culled from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Hammond, Louisiana
If you are looking to study near Hammond, there are few options. One university can be found within a two-mile radius of downtown. At least four more colleges can be found within 42 miles. Here is a list of the 5 closest schools to Hammond, Louisiana.
- Southeast Louisiana University (located 1.2 miles from downtown)
- Southern University and A & M College (38.3 miles from Hammond)
- Baton Rouge Community College (39.3 miles from Hammond)
- Northshore Technical Community College (40.6 miles from Hammond)
- University of New Orleans (41.6 miles from Hammond)
Largest Schools Near Hammond, Louisiana
The five largest school populations in the area are found less than 45 miles from downtown. Four institutions had more than 10,000 students in 2015. For those who value studying at a large school, consider the following institutions:
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College (31,524 students; 26,156 undergraduates)
- Delgado Community College (16,131 students, all undergraduates)
- Southeastern Louisiana University (14,581 students; 13,554 undergraduates)
- Tulane University of Louisiana (12,485 students; 7,841 undergraduates)
- University of New Orleans (8,423 students; 6,601 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
The NCES determines net prices by subtracting the average financial aid given to full-time undergraduates from their total program cost. At least five schools had net costs lower than $8,000 in 2014-2015. They are located fewer than 45 miles from downtown.
- Northshore Technical Community College ($7,242)
- Southern University at New Orleans ($7,685)
- Delgado Community College ($7,870)
- Baton Rouge Community College ($8,280)
- University of New Orleans ($8,867)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rate percentages are found by the NCES via full-time undergraduates who graduate in 150% or less of the normal time frame. At least three non-specialty schools had graduation rates above 60% in 2015. They are located between 43 and 45 miles from downtown.
- Tulane University of Louisiana (83% graduation rate)
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College (67% graduation rate)
- Loyola University New Orleans (66% graduation rate)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (39% graduation rate)
- Southeastern Louisiana University (38% graduation rate)
There are numerous schools to consider near Hammond, Louisiana if you are looking for good graduation rates, low prices, and large student populations.