The list of schools in the Hawthorne area includes every traditional type, from two-year and four-year public colleges to private non-profit colleges and universities. In order to narrow down the college search and ultimately select the right school, consider data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) in several different categories outlined below.
Schools Closest to Hawthorne, California
There are 32 schools within a 10-mile radius of Hawthorne, so prospective students will have many choices to select from just a short drive away. Of the top 5, there is a mix of public and privately owned schools, offering both 2 and 4-year degree programs. Below is the list of the 5 schools closest to Hawthorne:
- El Camino Community College District (2.4 miles away)
- Los Angeles Southwest College (3.8 miles away)
- Loyola Marymount University (4.0 miles away)
- Antioch University-Los Angeles (6.2 miles away)
- West Los Angeles College (6.2 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Hawthorne, California
There is no shortage of large schools near Hawthorne. There are 23 schools with over 10,000 students in the region, with the top 5 ranging from 37,000 to 43,500 total students. Below is a list of the top 5 largest schools near Hawthorne.
- University of Southern California (43,401 total students)
- University of California-Los Angeles (41,908 total students)
- California State University-Northridge (41,548 total students)
- California State University-Long Beach (37,446 total students)
- East Los Angeles College (37,188 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the net price of a school by determining the cost to attend the university or college full-time and subtracting the average amount of financial aid students receive. The 5 cheapest schools near Hawthorne range from $1,000 to $5,500. Four of the five are public institutions and there is a mix of 2 and 4-year schools falling within the low range.
- Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus ($1,088)
- California State University-Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University-Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Long Beach City College ($5,546)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rate the NCES reports is based on the number of full-time students who complete a program within 150% of the normal time the program usually takes to complete. The five schools below have the highest graduation rates of the schools within 25 miles of Hawthorne.
- University of Southern California (92% graduation rate)
- University of California-Los Angeles (91% graduation rate)
- California Institute of Technology (91% graduation rate)
- Los Angeles ORT College-Van Nuys Campus (88% graduation rate)
- Occidental College (88% graduation rate)
When searching for the right college for your future, consider factors such as location, price, graduation rate, and student body size in order to make a confident and informed selection.