The statistics below relate to schools around Hayward, California. Learn about net costs, graduation rates, and student populations, based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Hayward, California
You can find five universities and colleges less than 10 miles from downtown Hayward. Two of them are within a three-mile radius. If you are interested in studying close to the city, take a look at the following schools:
- California State University - East Bay (located 2.4 miles from downtown)
- Chabot College (located 2.9 miles from downtown)
- Mills College (located 9.4 miles from downtown)
- Holy Names University (located 9.6 miles from downtown)
- Merritt College (located 9.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Hayward, California
The largest schools near Hayward are located between 16 to 25 miles away. All five of these institutions had more than 20,000 students for the 2014-2015 year. If attending a populous school is an important factor for you, consider the following options:
- University of California - Berkeley (37,565 students; 27,126 undergraduates)
- San Francisco State University (29,465 students; 25,938 undergraduates)
- City College of San Francisco (23,610 students, all undergraduates)
- De Anza College (23,104 students, all undergraduates)
- Diablo Valley College (20,089 students, all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
At least five institutions near Hayward had net prices lower than $6,000 for 2014-2015. They are found 16 to 22 miles away. The NCES determines these prices by subtracting the average financial aid received from the total program cost for full-time undergraduates.
- College of San Mateo ($4,800)
- City College of San Francisco ($4,849)
- Skyline College ($5,022)
- Las Positas College ($5,712)
- Foothill College ($5,929)
Highest Graduation Rates
At least five institutions around Hayward, California had graduation rates greater than 70% for 2015. They are found within a 24-mile radius. These percentages are calculated by the NCES using full-time undergraduates who finish their program in less than 150% of the normal time frame.
- Stanford University (94% graduation rate)
- University of California - Berkeley (92% graduation rate)
- Santa Clara University (84% graduation rate)
- Saint Mary's College of California (71% graduation rate)
- University of San Francisco (71% graduation rate)
For students in or near Hayward strongly interested in schools with large populations, high graduation rates, or low net costs, there are multiple options.