Would-be college students living in and around Hilliard, OH, should have no trouble finding a postsecondary institution that meets their needs. While college options in the Hilliard area range from personal training institutes to 4-year universities, this article emphasizes the more traditional public and private non-profit colleges and universities within roughly 15 miles and provides information based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Hilliard, Ohio
Hilliard's proximity to Columbus provides many education options that are less than 15 miles away which can be important to students who need to stay close to town to obtain their education.
- ITT Technical Institute - Hilliard, 0.0 miles
- Ohio State University - Main Campus, 6.5 miles
- Columbus State Community College, 8.6 miles
- Franklin University, 8.6 miles
- Capital University, 12.2 miles
Largest Schools Near Hilliard, Ohio
If a larger school is what you are looking for in order to be surrounded with a larger, more diverse student body, faculty and scheduling options, you can look to the following schools that are larger for the area.
- Ohio State University - Main Campus, 58,322
- Columbus State Community College, 24,448
- Franklin University, 5,732
- Capital University, 3,494
- Otterbein University, 2,791
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES finds a school's net price by totaling the estimated cost of attending that school and subtracting the average amount of financial aid students received. Net prices at schools in the area were mostly between $6,000 and $34,000 in 2015-16. All of the statistics below are provided by the NCES, and the net price figures come from the 2015-16 academic year.
- Columbus State Community College, $5,992
- Bradford School, $16,871
- Ohio State University - Main Campus, $18,502
- Ohio Dominican University, $21,636
- Capital University, $22,016
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also keeps track of overall graduation rates for colleges across the country. These rates are found by determining the percentage of students who completed their programs within 150% of the normal time (e.g. three years for an associate's degree or six years for a bachelor's degree). The traditional, not-for-profit schools near Hilliard with the highest graduation rates are featured below, according to NCES figures from 2016.
- Ohio State University - Main Campus, 83%
- Bradford School, 80%
- Capital University, 63%
- Otterbein University, 61%
- Ohio Dominican University, 45%
Providing a list of schools meeting or exceeding specific criteria can help you determine your best choice for your education based on what is most important to you.