School options for students in the Hooksett area include several public universities, community colleges, and for-profit institutions. Students seeking a traditional education might find the information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning proximity, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates helpful in their decision-making process.
Closest Schools to Hooksett, New Hampshire
Institutions located within seven miles of Hooksett, New Hampshire, all offer certificate and undergraduate programs. Out of the four nearest schools, one is conveniently located within the city itself.
- Southern New Hampshire University (within the city)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester (4.8 miles)
- Manchester Community College (6.6 miles)
- Saint Anselm College (6.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near Hooksett, New Hampshire
The school with the largest student population in Hooksett, New Hampshire, is Southern New Hampshire University. This private not-for-profit institution had 61,285 students in Fall 2018. Undergraduates, who numbered 43,831, composed the majority of the student body. Other institutions with large student populations in the Hooksett area are public and private not-for-profit schools.
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (3,478 students; all undergraduates)
- Manchester Community College (2,574 students; all undergraduates)
- New England College (2,521 students; 1,696 undergraduates)
- Rivier University (2,319 students; 1,445 undergraduates)
- Granite State College (2,025 students; 1,736 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES approximates the net price of attending most schools around the country by subtracting the amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students received from the total expenses they paid during one school year. The following schools had the lowest net prices in the Hooksett area during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Granite State College ($11,392)
- Nashua Community College ($11,946)
- Manchester Community College ($13,109)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College ($18,585)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also keeps track of the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finish their degree programs within 150% of the normal time, for instance, six years for a bachelor's degree. In 2019, graduation rates for non-specialty schools in the Hooksett area ranged from 73% to 2%. Those with the highest graduation rates included:
- Saint Anselm College (78%)
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester (48%)
- Rivier University (46%)
- Southern New Hampshire University (44%)
Using the data from the NCES concerning school distances, enrollment and graduation rates, and net costs, students can easily compare their choices in Hooksett, New Hampshire.