In this article, we put traditional, non-specific, schools in lists using four criteria areas to help Hopkinsville-area students make an informed education decision. Data to populate the lists was taken from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Schools Closest to Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Hopkinsville has very few options when it comes to postsecondary education - commuting or re-locating could be necessary for many prospective college students living in town. Hopkinsville is located about 20 miles north of the Kentucky and Tennessee state line. In this expanded area, both public and private schools can be found. There are five schools located withing 58 miles of Hopkinsville.
- Hopkinsville Community College (0.0 miles)
- Madisonville Community College (32.1 miles)
- Murray State University (50.1 miles)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (57.2 miles)
- Western Kentucky University (57.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Two 4-year universities and three 2-year community colleges are among the highest enrollment schools in the Hopkinsville expanded area. Some students prefer larger institutions for their flexibility and extracurricular options. See five schools below that offer greater enrollment for the area.
- Western Kentucky University (20,171)
- Murray State University (11,207)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (6,402)
- Madisonville Community College (4,433)
- Owensboro Community and Technical College (4,156)
Lowest Net Price
NCES' reported net prices are determined by subtracting the average amount of financial aid given to students from a school's total cost of attendance. For schools near Hopkinsville, net prices ranged from about $5,800 to about $22,400 in 2014-2015 for full-time undergraduate students. Below are the Hopkinsville, KY, area public schools with the lowest net price - all are 2-year community colleges.
- Hopkinsville Community College ($5,823)
- Owensboro Community and Technical College ($7,204)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College ($7,386)
- Madisonville Community College ($7,420)
- Henderson Community College ($7,528)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates are calculated by determining the amount of students who were able to complete their programs within 150% of the 'normal' estimated program length. The following Hopkinsville, KY, area schools posted the lowest graduation rates among public schools, with rates ranging from 40%-49%.
- Murray State University (49%)
- Madisonville Community College (44%)
- Western Kentucky University (43%)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (42%)
- Kentucky Wesleyan College (40%)
Very few traditional, non-specific, schools are located close to Hopkinsville, KY, but within 100 miles, you can find some additional options, and we have provided those here listed out by proximity, cost, size and graduation rates.